rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
My Heki is the Wyndn up & pop up version and a rattle has started at the front struts that pop up, In Spain at the moment and when traveling today in a lot of wynd it started to rattle I tried tying it down and that stops it, but is there a way to tighten the front.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I thought there were basically only two types, other than the motorised version. Those with the gas struts, which can fail and may need replacing or the wind-up type. Unless the hinge or the wind-up mechanism have failed, I am at a loss to think what else can make a noise. p.s. Gas struts are not difficult to replace but read the instructions first.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I wonder if it's not holding tight down when closed ... sometimes they need adjusting by removing the winding handle and moving it round a notch or two so that it clamps it down a little bit more.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Ours rattles a lot and I found out it's not the window itself it's the blinds. I pull the blinds opn and the noise stops. Forgive me if it IS the window. Just a suggestion.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
IMG_0244.JPG
It is the diagonal part that operates with the pop up for ventilation, it is not part of the wynd up or the blinds.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back