Heki 2 roof light exterior frame. Help! (1 Viewer)

Bill and Tracey

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autostratus CK2000
Exp
3 years on a STEEP learning curve
Working on the van this weekend . Had the roof light fully raised . Freak gust of wind and it's now hanging on by the right hinge only. A new frame from leisure direct.com is a ridiculous 250 quid. No way I'm paying that . Any suggestions/help greatly appreciated. Might search for a scrapper locally. (Stoke on Trent). Thanks all.

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
If it is s only the hinges that have broken you can get new ones cheaply online and they are a doddle to fit.

Even if some of the frame or cover is cracked, then something like two part epoxy resin could enable an easy repair.

OP
OP
Bill and Tracey

Bill and Tracey

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autostratus CK2000
Exp
3 years on a STEEP learning curve
It's the hinge parts of the frame that are effed. Broken off the frame and roof. Need a new frame. Leisure direct.com want 250pounds for a new one. I'm looking for a second hand one

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
It's the hinge parts of the frame that are effed. Broken off the frame and roof. Need a new frame. Leisure direct.com want 250pounds for a new one. I'm looking for a second hand one
You'll find one if you keep looking. I bought a complete clean HEKI 2 for under £200 off eBay a couple of years ago.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back