Height of garage on N+B 7000i (1 Viewer)

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
Hi

Thinking of buying a N+B 7000i 2004. Does anyone know if the garage side door is high enough to get a 125 moped in. Probably a Honda 125. Don’t know the height of the Honda as haven’t bought it yet. Also bit worried about repair costs of N&B. Had a Hymer B544 for 20 years but N&B repair costs if there is anything wrong seem to be in another league....saw someone mention £2000 for blown side windows !

Any other thoughts on buying a twin axle 7.6 meter 4500 KG N+B over another Hymer much appreciated to calm my nerves especially with regards to how much more of a hassle getting into campsite spaces down smaller roads etc is compared to a 6 meter B544. I know the audio routes peage are more expensive but try and stick to Route Nationals anyway...or is that a problem with a 7.6 meter.

Guess what I am saying is is a 7.6m by 3.2m height N+B more of a van for parking up in Spain and living in it full time rather than a useful touring vehicle.

Thanks

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Not a N&B but a twin axle Dethleffs 7850 (8.5m) and in the 7 years I’ve owned it I’ve never found the size a problem for getting onto many many European campsites. I tour substantially throughout Europe in it and would say it’s equally as good a tourer as a full time vehicle ?

Can’t comment about repair bills sorry.

Dave

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Hymerbell

Flair is a great quality van, information here but in German, the 7000 is on the Fiat chassis so I am not 100% sure of the garage door size but think it will be big enough, we had the 8000i so on the IVECO chassis and that was one of the largest garages around and our SH125 scooter went into the back with it's mirrors and top box on still.

I wouldn't worry unduly about repair costs, the chassis is standard Fiat IVECO or Mercedes, the bodywork is alloy panels like most motorhomes except that the N+B is alloy inside as well so no panels for damp, the front is fibreglass so easy repair in situ, inside is really well built but door handles and hinges and lights are standard items, fridge heater cooker etc again are all standard so you really don't need too bother your dealer network.

Yes the front side windows are double glazed glass units and they don't last forever, yes they are expensive if you go to the UK dealer or the factory as they just fit a whole new unit and you pay for it, it is very easy to take the frame out and get the Double glazed panels repaired or remade and some people have even converted them to single glazed laminated which is dead easy.

Ours was 8.5 metres and we took it all sort of places, yes some places were tight so it comes down to how good/confident you are at driving a larger vehicle, they would be be a great van to live in onsite because of the quality but they are also great for touring and 7.6M and 4600kg is just a baby.

If you get chance I would suggest that you look at the 7100i on the IVECO with the 2.8 or if the budget will run to it the 2006> models had the option of the 3 litre which is a cracking engine with more power and torque than the 2.8.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Hymerbell

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Hi Martin

Just a baby ? Hmm they seem quite big to me after my Hymer B544. Want a garage though. The one I’m looking at is not Iveco but Al-Ko on a 2.9 JTD. Sounds like that is the poor mans N+B from what I read. Can’t afford an Iveco 3.0 ☹️ . I know you can re chip the JTD but does that cause other problems ? Is a 2.8 JTD on a 4500 Kg baby just a bit too sluggish ? Maybe like a 2.5 TD on a Hymer 3500 KG B544 ?

I’m just off to see it now. I suppose I should make sure I try and drive it, test the fridge, Alde heating as they seem expensive to repair if not working. Anything else I should look for ? I think the exhaust is shot. I looked into replacement stainless steel exhaust. £1000 ! Maybe one can get a non stainless steel steel one cheaper, or is it best to go with stainless steel with lifetime usage ?

It’s also a double axle, apart from extra tyre costs is that an issue ? Tyre scrub etc. Extra costly axle maintenance ?

Cheers
Alex

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
It will be the 145bhp version of the Fiat i presume
It will be a steady plodder but I agree with funflair the Iveco 3 litre from 2004 it came out has much more power
Ours 2005 Iveco 3 litre drives like a racing car albeit on a smaller van

I am sure the motorbike will go in easily

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Alex

Baby, yes all relative ;)

Yes the Fiat option is always cheaper on the N+B Flair, ours was the 3 litre but a ton heavier so the 2.8 should move along OK, tandem axle = higher tolls in France but the other side of that is I am told the stability is better than the Rear wheel drive option, not that I thought that was bad, traction on the FWD will be substantially less on wet grass and especially mud.

Martin

Just to add cam belt on the 2.8.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If it's at Lytham St Annes the garage door is smaller than ours was so take a tape measure.

Martin

OP
OP
Hymerbell

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
HaHa yes am taking a tape measure....does look a tad small. When you say Fiat option was the 3.0 a Mercedes then ?

Alex

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
HaHa yes am taking a tape measure....does look a tad small. When you say Fiat option was the 3.0 a Mercedes then ?

Alex
Hi Alex

3 litre would be IVECO 4 cylinder on the 60C so 6t chassis, but there was a Mercedes option as well 2.7 5 cylinder 160 hp on the 4 or 6t chassis.

I will add the Merc option is quite rare.

Martin

OP
OP
Hymerbell

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
OIC. Well gonna have a look at the JTD. Trouble is it’s a 9 hour round trip so will have to decide on a one off visit. Just got back from a 15 hour round trip from Holland to look at a couple of Hymers. Spending more in petrol than the Moho is worth !

Thanks to all for the advice. Will let you know if I bought one.

Alex

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back