Apr 7, 2018
Wells
Funster No
MH
Elldis 400
Exp
4yrs
Hi guys
Hope you can help has anyone experienced the heating system on our elldis 400 tripping out on full power 2kw even on house electric ? Never used too
Any suggestions thank you
Pete

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
First simple check - thermostat turned down?
What exactly do you mean by "tripping out"? Is the electric mains supply tripping out? How are you re-setting it?
Could be a lot of things. It'll help if you could tell us a few more details about your problem and what your heating system is.

OP
OP
LunaMoon

LunaMoon

Free Member
Apr 7, 2018
Wells
Funster No
MH
Elldis 400
Exp
4yrs
Hi thank you Terry it’s a truma system we set the heat setting down and put on 1k is ok 1.5 is ok the 2k starts heats then fuse in cupboard trips on switch in main board
If you need further info I will look it up later cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Pete , I believe your heater has two elements, sounds like one has shorted out, but would need testing to confirm.. If so it will need replacing

OP
OP
LunaMoon

LunaMoon

Free Member
Apr 7, 2018
Wells
Funster No
MH
Elldis 400
Exp
4yrs
Is something like that easy to check / replace ? Thanks Scot

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If you can access the terminal box testing should be straight forward using a multimeter and checking the element resistance.. A good element will only be a few ohms.. if shorted it will be zero .. it may also be down to earth so that can also be tested .. resistance of element to earth should be near infinity

.. replacing the element may not be so easy, probably need the unit to be removed.. can't advise further as I haven't had to do it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I'd agree that the symptoms suggest a shorted element. I'm not sure which Truma you have. It would seem that you must have three elements, from what you say. Changing the elements does not look easy (and probably not cheap) on the combi models I've seen and, as often as not, the installation probably requires removal of the boiler from an awkward location.
In practice, it might be better to disconnect the affected element and continue with the others. Unless you're not paying foe electricity there's no economy in using electric, so it's no great loss.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back