Heating problem ???

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Kanberlingo, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Kanberlingo

May 18, 2009
    This thred is also posted in "Motorhome specific"

Thanks James for your info.

Merry Christmas all.

We are on a small private site in the Midlands, with all facilities. On Monday night the dump valve operated & dumped the boiler water. No problem there, I simply turned the onboard heating on low overnight to maintain the temp to avoid that situation again. We arrived on site (Monday) with 2 full 6Kg propane bottles, apart from cooking & the low heating only setting (overnight, Tuesday & Wednesday) on the control dial, this morning we were out of gas ?????? Then we realised the domestic hot water, which had not been selected & which is on the same dial was boiling hot. Logic tells me that the switch is wired up wrongly. The settings are, from off, 1 turn anticlockwise gives water temp @ 40 degrees, one further click anticlockwise gives 60degrees. According to the book, these are "summer settings" So back to the off position, 1 click clockwise gives heating blown air, a further click gives heating & water @ 60degrees. (Winter settings) Now plainly, the heating has to heat some water to provide the heat to disperse into the living area, but set at a minimum, to maintain a moderate heat for the dump valve & then to end up with the water boiling hot & therefore no gas after just 2 days is, to me, a problem, or am I missing something. During the day & evening, before beddy byes, we use a 2Kw electric heater, which was left on at a low setting overnight on the Monday we arrived, hence the dump valve operating, because it's in a position not to get any heat from the electric fan heater. And therefore the reason the gas heating was applied on the Tuesday & Wednesday nights.
    Any thoughts ???