Heathrow Airport experts, advise required please. (1 Viewer)

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Hi all.
In order to spend the kids inheritance a cruise has been decided upon.

This involves flying from Heathrow Terminal 4 on Malaysian Airways in December and returning on British Airways to Terminal 5 in January.

Purple Parking no longer has a shuttle to Terminal 4 apparently and me that I would have to get a train between the two terminals.

The outgoing flight is at 1050am returning at 0455am

As we live many miles from Heathrow we would like to stay in a hotel the night before the outward flight.

Can anyone suggest where we can safely park the car somewhere near Terminal 4 and find a hotel nearby with shuttle or transfer to the terminal to get us there by 8 am.

Secondly, when we arrive back in Terminal 5 how do we get back to the car at Terminal 4?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
If you book into a Heathrow hotel for a night a lot of them will give you free parking, & you can also use the Heathrow shuttle bus.
Do a Google search

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
We booked a hotel last November the Renaissance booked through saga which was the lowest price at the time hope this helps

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
Have used Heathrow a few times and if an early flight stay at the Premier Inn on Bath Road, there is a long stay car park next door and the shuttle bus goes between the different Terminals at all times of day and night. They will drop and collect from different Terminals. You can get a combined Stay and Park at PInn but I always find it cheaper to book separately.
It was Purple Parking but I think it's called QParking. Postcode is
TW62AL
Hope that helps
Chris

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
There's a Hilton hotel right across the road from T4 if you're feeling flush. And Take bus number 482 (destination: Southall Town Hall) or 490 (destination: Pools on the Park) from Bus Stop 7 at T5 for a free transfer between terminals.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Most all the airport hotels offer a parking /room/24 hour courtesy bus, simply speak to a few and see who has the best deal. Novotel Premier Inn holiday Inn there are loads of them...enjoy the trip.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
Saw your post last night hope it isn't too late. Went over to Colnbrook today so looked over there for you. The Hilton @T4 is just a quick walk across the link bridge into the Terminal. There is a Travelodge right on the roundabout at Junction 14. I drove up to it and there is a medium sized three storey car park there the journey into T4 should be about 10 mins onto the airport and up the perimeter track. I think I saw an email from vouchercodes offering Travelodge rooms @£29 also discount parking at APH not sure where that is but if it is at Magnatex (where the a/c used to cross the road) it is worth a look. You would need to check if the Hoppa serves that Travelodge or if there is a courtesy bus I couldn't get in to ask for you. There is also a Hilton @ T5 which although close is certainly not @T5. Some companies offer airport parking on the London side and it takes 40mins due to traffic. Years ago we booked one of those and only live 15mins away the air was blue! Enjoy the cruise.

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
Sorry meant to say junction 14 M25

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun