Heather burning despite Lockdown (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
We are in lockdown essential journeys and services only, yet they are out burning the heather again today the smoke is making the hill here in the South Tyne valley hazy, go outside you smell and even taste it. Not good for those with respiratory issues very important at this time, but if the burn gets out of hand the fire service will need to attend to get it under control when they may have incidents elsewhere.
Also in these times of global warming we are all trying to do our bit to reduce CO2 emissions, burning the Heather is doubly bad, the burn creates CO2 and releases the CO2 locked into the peat, utter madness and all for the greed of the landowners.
Have just emailed my MP but don’t expect much of a response.

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
We are in lockdown essential journeys and services only, yet they are out burning the heather again today the smoke is making the hill here in the South Tyne valley hazy, go outside you smell and even taste it. Not good for those with respiratory issues very important at this time, but if the burn gets out of hand the fire service will need to attend to get it under control when they may have incidents elsewhere.
Also in these times of global warming we are all trying to do our bit to reduce CO2 emissions, burning the Heather is doubly bad, the burn creates CO2 and releases the CO2 locked into the peat, utter madness and all for the greed of the landowners.
Have just emailed my MP but don’t expect much of a response.
Might be useful to email the Environment Agency - they have sharp teeth these days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Burning was happening on Ilkley moor yesterday. None today though. Don’t want the moor burning getting out of control again. I’ve spent more than enough time up there in my previous job.

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
It’s just coming up 6pm and they are just starting to tamp down the fires the air is thick with smoke making the hills look hazy. Our village looks out across and up onto the moors of Plenmeller.

Jan 4, 2020
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
There was burning on Denton/Middleton moor yesterday, too, Glenn.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back