Heaters in awnings (2 Viewers)

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
I dont consider us to be eco warriors but we are on a site and a guy adjacent has a completely sideless roll out awning which he is sitting under and - you guessed it - an electric heater overhead presumably trying to heat the whole world! Site fees are getting more expensive and it is no wonder with people like this about - absolutely senseless. Rant over

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
We stopped on a site years ago in the U.K. and a lot of Spanish sites are pitch fee and then electric by meter, so you pay for what you use. Much fairer way of doing it. Would stop peaple like the above. (y)

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
If it's a good infra red heater then you not heating the world but it's probably a cheap one and as soon as his wife puts the kettle on the bollard will trip 🤣

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I don’t agree with what he has done, we do heat ours but use gas heaters

as others have said it will bring about reduced Amps or meters

but I also don’t agree with the huge number of claims for free nights and reduced fees due to Covid , equally causing a drain on reduced resources

we are all different , sometimes it’s for the better but mostly its unlikely if not impossible to please all the people all the time

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I dont consider us to be eco warriors but we are on a site and a guy adjacent has a completely sideless roll out awning which he is sitting under and - you guessed it - an electric heater overhead presumably trying to heat the whole world! Site fees are getting more expensive and it is no wonder with people like this about - absolutely senseless. Rant over

I think you need to fire up your external heating system.
I'd recommend an old oil barrel or dustbin filled with burning rubbish and a few smashed up pallets.

(If that is not permitted, then cook a bicycle inner tube on a disposable BBQ, it looks like you are burning sausages, but the smell and smoke is impressive!)

Just ensure he is downwind!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I really can't see the point of sitting outside if it's cold enough to need a heater.
I hate sites that charge a pitch fee that includes electric regardless of if you want it or not. I hate paying for something I don't want. Metering is a much better way of charging.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
It will lead to increased pitch fees

Mar 21, 2021
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Campervan
I really can't see the point of sitting outside if it's cold enough to need a heater.
I hate sites that charge a pitch fee that includes electric regardless of if you want it or not. I hate paying for something I don't want. Metering is a much better way of charging.
I have never understood why it is a fixed price for EHU, it doesn’t work like that at home, my bill is calculated on what I use. I think some people endeavour to use (or waste) as much electricity as they can once they’ve paid for EHU so they can be satisfied that they “got their money’s worth” !?

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
The trouble with meters is they cost money, if sites meter the supply the cost will go up

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Why don’t the site owners just supply less amps, surely enough for charging batteries, few other light essentials. Gas for heating is cheap and more effective
Yes that's the route I'd go down. A lot of foreign sites and Aires are 2 amp 👍

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Why don’t the site owners just supply less amps, surely enough for charging batteries, few other light essentials. Gas for heating is cheap and more effective
They do in most countries just the UK that's stupid.
Italy 3 or 6 amps, France & Spain 6amp is common.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back