Wully

Free Member
Jan 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer B524
Exp
Godot was inspired by the DVLA
So I’m on Tiree, windsurfing. The heater has been faultless until last night. Now it won’t heat water or the air. It did warm up some water last night but not to it’s usual lovely post surf warm ness..then wouldn’t do anything. No warm air, no water .It makes some clicks, sometimes a lot of them then I get a constant red light on the controller.

It’s a Truma Trumatic C , 2004.

The roads here are pretty rough, the Internet patchy. No spares, no dealers close by. Filled the Gasit system before leaving the mainland and have the generator running.
Is there any things I could try to get it going?

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Any fault codes coming up on control panel?
Have you checked that you have the boiler switched to gas and not mains electric, i know that probably sounds too easy but it may have switched from gas to electric when you were fiddling with it.
Check 12V electrical supply is getting to boiler, if not check all fuses, you have a flashing red light which indicates a fault obviously, but does the boiler work even for a short while after ignition,if it does ignite at all, then turn off?
Check there is gas getting to the boiler, if the hob & FF works then it should be getting to the boiler.
Just have to eliminate the obvious first if you get my drift, fault codes are normally useful, then we can check these out for you.
Good luck
Les

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I don't think his unit has a display with fault codes, it'll just have lights, green amber and red for fault.
I'm not sure I can be much help but check fuses, turn thermostat to max and try it on different settings.
If boiler is in the bottom of the wardrobe, it takes a bit of dismantling to get to so maybe not doable on site ?
Thankfully mines never gone wrong so I've not needed to fiddle with it much and I don't think there is anything to service on them.
Edit, I think Tam did a temporary repair on his by running a 12 volt feed direct from battery. He suspects a fault in the EBL

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
May 28, 2016
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
since 2000
dont know if this is of any use is your heater vented out we parked one time facing in to the bad weather rain had hit the vent and run into the heater would not light dried it all out it then cicked in as normal just a thought...................Ian

JohnT UK

Free Member
Mar 1, 2015
FoD
Funster No
MH
Elddis 165
Exp
since 2014
from the truma trumatic c4002
In the event of a fault, the red monitor lamp (h) will light up. Please consult the TroubleShooting list for possible causes. Release is effected by switching the system off and then on again

The red monitor lamp flashes after the heating system has been switched on. – Warning! Battery voltage is too low (< 10.5 V). – Charge battery!

About 30 seconds after the heating has been switched on, the red monitor lamp lights up and remains steady. – Gas cylinder or quick-closure valve in the gas line is closed. – Air feed interrupted. – Check gas feed. – Check cowl for possible coverage. – If being used on boats, open the deck cowl

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Wully Read this https://motor-roam.co.uk/truma-trumatic-c3402-boiler-inspection-troubleshooting

Paragraph in it says:

The boiler control panel red light will flash if the battery voltage is too low to operate the unit (about 10.5V I believe), and light up solid red if the boiler has ‘locked out’ (shut itself down due to something being wrong)

Maybe upr batteries are low.

OP
OP
W

Wully

Free Member
Jan 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer B524
Exp
Ta muchly for the help.
I’ll check everything over tomorrow but have the feeling I’ll need professional assistance..on the mainland.

Still, such is the insulation all I need to do to get decent heat in here is boil the kettle...and fill the hot water bottle which is under the duvet for later ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
W

Wully

Free Member
Jan 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer B524
Exp
I’m thinking it might be a fault with the igniter...either the unit it’s self or what controls it...

Still, it’s a beautiful day.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Still not working then ?
Is everything else working as it should ?
Maybe you have a similar fault as Tam, have a look at his thread Tam and Toby go to Spain take two. He details the symptoms of his Truma fault. It's a long thread but relevant bit is in the last two weeks or so. See if your symptoms are similar ?
Good luck

OP
OP
W

Wully

Free Member
Jan 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer B524
Exp
So, I’m sitting here in the warmth with the heater back to normal operations.
Turns out the 1 month old gas regulator was faulty eventually completely packing off. The clue was in the lengthening time it was taking the kettle to boil..
Stripping it out revealed some oily looking liquid in the inlet side but apart from that all looks normal.
None of the 3 shops here stocked a propane regulator with thread d connection but being on a small island someone knew someone who might have one and we were flagged down and given an old, but fully working regulator!

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions and big thanks to the islanders here on Tiree.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back