Heated mirrors on a 2013 Exsis. (1 Viewer)

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Hi all, they don’t seem to work. Wires are there as is the switch on the right hand side of the drivers seat. The light on the switch doesn’t illuminate and the mirrors don’t get warm at all.

I have checked all fuses I can find and nothing is broken. The movement works fine.
Any help appreciated.
I may have missed a fuse somewhere?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
My last van was a 2014 Exsis i-678, the light should come on and the main mirrors should heat, the stay on all the time the switch is on no timer.
Check fuses and relay for faults.

I'm assuming you have the Komfort pack which includes driver's door, air con, cruise control, heated electric mirrors etc.

OP
OP
Googlebot
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
My last van was a 2014 Exsis i-678, the light should come on and the main mirrors should heat, the stay on all the time the switch is on no timer.
Check fuses and relay for faults.

I'm assuming you have the Komfort pack which includes driver's door, air con, cruise control, heated electric mirrors etc.

Yes, it has the comfort pack, don’t suppose you know which fuse and relay Lenny?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Sorry can't help but I would assume it would be the same ones normally used on the base vehicle so have a look at the Fiat handbook.

OP
OP
Googlebot
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Tried that one so would presume it’s the relay. Will have a look, thanks for the help. ?

OP
OP
Googlebot
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Just to update, it was a fuse.

Not the standard Fiat one but one under the engine so presume a separate fuse for some reason.

Travelworld changed the fuse, alas after I got home one of the glass’s still isn’t heating so I presume it’s duff which probably blew the fuse in the first place.

Hopefully, problem solved!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Googlebot
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Another years old thread update in case someone has the same issue.

It’s been so long as it’s taken me years to find the flipping fuse!

It was a faulty mirror glass that blew the fuse, pity the dealer didn’t think to check they all worked before I drove it home and had to waste time and money returning again but hey ho.

Installed a dash cam after the insurance thread the other week, used a hardwired kit and took a supply from behind the radio.

Had to take off the panel on the right hand side over the top of the dashboard. Looked down with a torch and hidden deep behind that panel are two bloody fuses! No wonder I couldn’t find them, they couldn’t be in a more stupid place for quick and easy checking. It’s a stretch to get them even with the panel removed.

So if you are after some fuses in an Exsis, check everywhere! :)

As an aside, the interior alarm never worked on it, despite having just the one ultrasonic sensor. I could have sworn when I brought it home there were 2 on either side of the dashboard and know they work in pairs so was a bit baffled.

Yes, you guessed it, the diligent dealer knocked the sensor behind the panel when changing the fuse and then sealed it away for the last 3 years……

At least I now know where the fuse is and have a working alarm. Happy days. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back