Health insurance after the Dreaded 80 is reached (1 Viewer)

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
We need some help on this in the near future, I'm 78 and at the moment insured via my bank, this will end when I'm 80 so, as we intend continue taking our long winter trips I've started to investigate the situation. Yesterday I phoned Saga who could not tell me the cost but! if I took out a 120 day insurance now, it would cost £2,954 !!! Well after I got over my heart attack I thought there will be other Funsters in the same place and found a solution and would appreciate any (sensible) advise

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
I don't know about travel insurance for the over eighties. I imagine you may be confined to staycations. What are you paying at present if that's not a rude question. I am approaching 70 with concerns at future premiums!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Like us the OP is insured with his bank account but as he said that stops at 80.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Ditto and I am 80 next year and will be looking for insurance. Friends of mine over 80 used to insure with the C&MC and LV but I have no idea what the cost was.
ezee

OP
OP
Portland

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
I don't know about travel insurance for the over eighties. I imagine you may be confined to staycations. What are you paying at present if that's not a rude question. I am approaching 70 with concerns at future premiums!
I don't mind saying we pay via Platinum account at LLoyds just over the £450 mark, this includes extended stay. Our dilemma is this, from October we will have to pay £21 each month so in effect the insurance is £675, not bad you may say but we do not know next years premium and the at 80 we no longer have insurance.
I have been told of a web site called are you paying to much or something near that who will look for your best offer so I will try this.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I don't mind saying we pay via Platinum account at LLoyds just over the £450 mark, this includes extended stay. Our dilemma is this, from October we will have to pay £21 each month so in effect the insurance is £675, not bad you may say but we do not know next years premium and the at 80 we no longer have insurance.
I have been told of a web site called are you paying to much or something near that who will look for your best offer so I will try this.
The boss is ex Lloyds staff so at the moment for us yougsters it only costs us £8.50 a month for both of us.

OP
OP
Portland

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
At the Shewsbury meet I promised to PM a funster who's name I cannot recall (senior moment) with the name of the company I was looking at to do our travel insurance. We started with Staysure who directed us to Are you paying to much Both giving us a good cover and price plus Medical travel compared, I hope he reads this and it helps

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back