Heads up - Nonancourt (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2011
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
re-living the gloryb days of series 2 BC
Heading home this morning and came via the bypass heading North which was ok but the que heading Southbound and waiting for the various set of lights must have been 8 miles long with many lorries so well trodden route - avoid if possible

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for the heads up - as you say a very popular route. We will be heading South on that this Saturday, and there is no easy alternative. From memory that bit can be a bit slower with some stop/start traffic but we have had no real problems getting through .

Was the hold up just weight of traffic or were there road works? Did the queue stretch onto the dual carriageway N154 heading North to Evreux?

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
I shall be heading south on that route come Saturday so I too would like to know if it was roadworks or sheer weight of traffic.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2014
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Just a tip for those on that route. In between Dreux and Evreux there is a petrol station right on the roundabout. It is only fuel and not manned so cards only - it does take UK cards - and is run by LeClerc, whose supermarket is nearby.
Cheapest fuel for miles. Diesel was €1.15.9 according to the web yesterday.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just a tip for those on that route. In between Dreux and Evreux there is a petrol station right on the roundabout. It is only fuel and not manned so cards only - it does take UK cards - and is run by LeClerc, whose supermarket is nearby.
Cheapest fuel for miles. Diesel was €1.15.9 according to the web yesterday.
Thanks for that heads up. I remember noticing that when we went past last spring.

I usually use the Intermarche on the Dreux by pass to fill up. The advantage is that there is nice little Boulangerie in the adjacent parade of shops that does good bread and divine cakes. However I may try the LeClerc instead (for the fuel only).

Is there a website that gives out fuel prices for all of the Supermarkets in France?

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I shall be heading south on that route come Saturday so I too would like to know if it was roadworks or sheer weight of traffic.
What time are you going? We are catching a lunchtime train through the tunnel on Friday and will probably get about as far as Neufchatel before we stop Friday night. So should be going through Nonancourt late morning/lunch time on Saturday. We will wave if we pass you, or you pass us!

Jul 29, 2014
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Hi Peter.
We are on a 5am train in car as we haven't yet sold the house and sorted the future. House goes on sale this weekend when we go to France for three weeks and leave the agents to earn their crust!
Would be lovely to come back to a sold house - who knows.
I use this to check for fuel prices it includes supermarkets: Broken Link Removed
I usually aim to get to the tunnel with little fuel left, fill up at Cité d'Europe as it's also cheap then 200 miles to the Dreux station and fill again.
With a pee stop or two we will be at our house in around 8 hours from Coquelles. Although we often stop off for shopping at the Centre Commercial - Family Village, north of Limoges on the road that goes to the airport as there is a Grand Frais supermarket there - the very best chain in France. Their fruit and veg is incredible including stuff I have never heard of before. This is them: http://www.grandfrais.com/limoges/magasin-110.html
And next door is a belter of a bakery: http://www.marieblachere.com/
For a chain they are just like an independant baker. Their brownies are to die for and buy 4 for the price of 3 who could resist.
Have a good trip. I am counting the hours now.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I usually aim to get to the tunnel with little fuel left, fill up at Cité d'Europe as it's also cheap then 200 miles to the Dreux station and fill again.
Yep - same as us. We normally fill up at the first petrol station as you leave Eurotunnel - I think it is just after the turn off to Cite Europe. Is that he one you are thinking of or do you actually go into Cite Europe? If the latter I understand that the petrol station is underground and can't be accessed with a motorhome - is that correct? Looking at the link you have given me (many thanks for that) the one I use seems to be a lot more expensive than the supermarkets. So if I can't get in Cite Europe then I may get some in Calais, or maybe Auchan near Boulogne.

I am heading for Portugal so will be travelling down the West side of France, so take the old N10 from Chartres all the way to the border.

Jul 29, 2014
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
The fuel stations that are right beside the road are anywhere between 8 and 10 cents more per litre. I have never checked the height of the cité one but as you say it is underground - I will look on Saturday.
Any of the supermarkets in Calais or Boulogne will be cheaper.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have never checked the height of the cité one but as you say it is underground - I will look on Saturday.
Any of the supermarkets in Calais or Boulogne will be cheaper.
Looked on Street View and it looks like there is a 2.1m height restriction on the Cite Europe one - so no good for us. However using the link you have posted there is an Intermarche just off junction 36 of the A16 we could use, and it is reasonably cheap.

OP
OP
wardj2010
May 31, 2011
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
re-living the gloryb days of series 2 BC
Hi - just moored up back in Devon - the que was pure weight of traffic (mid morning) and was back into the duel carriage way that feeds into the roundabout at start of the single track - 'it's difficult to avoid and could be just a one off but pleased that I was going the other way!

Jul 29, 2014
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Many thanks.
Sometimes a breakdown or shunt can cause a tailback to last long after it has all been sorted.
Lets hope it was just one of those hiccups and Saturday will be no problem.
Glad you are back safe and sound.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Stayed on the Nonancourt aire last night, just having a brew before heading to Calais, the traffic on the Dreux road was tailed back about 1 mile heading south yesterday, but normally a lot better on a Sunday when the trucks are restricted.(y)
Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back