Headlights won't turn off, Ducato 2007 (1 Viewer)

Jan 9, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
A strange electrical problem. The headights are permanently on, and the only way of turning them off is disconnecting the battery, pulling the fuses or removing the relay. The sidelights or the rear lights don't come on only the dip main beam. The keys are not in the ignition.
Thinking the culprit was the relay, I've tried two new relays but it made no difference.
Does anyone know what may be causing this, and where I might find the solution?
Thanks
Sid

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
A strange electrical problem. The headights are permanently on, and the only way of turning them off is disconnecting the battery, pulling the fuses or removing the relay. The sidelights or the rear lights don't come on only the dip main beam. The keys are not in the ignition.
Thinking the culprit was the relay, I've tried two new relays but it made no difference.
Thanks
Sid
I’ve got the same kind of problem with my 2006 in that the headlights come on sometimes even if I haven’t been using them but only after I park and take the keys out , that’s when the lights come on . Hopefully someone can help us lol

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Had a similar issue with my 4year old Renault kangoo, lights would turn on on their own randomly, main dealer said could find fault. Finally worked it out myself faulty indicator/ light stalk. (Could be headlamp flash as no rear lights)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Had a similar issue with my 4year old Renault kangoo, lights would turn on on their own randomly, main dealer said could find fault. Finally worked it out myself faulty indicator/ light stalk. (Could be headlamp flash as no rear lights)
Thanks
Sid
Damaged wire in the light stalk, YouTube will show you how to remove it. Steering wheel needs to come off iirc, a friend had the same problem, repaired it himself.

OP
OP
S
Jan 9, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Damaged wire in the light stalk, YouTube will show you how to remove it. Steering wheel needs to come off iirc, a friend had the same problem, repaired it himself.
Thanks, I have an electrical guy coming out on Thursday so hopefully that will be the solution.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back