Headlight deflectors help (1 Viewer)

Jun 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Joined 2014
In France have new Ducato van put on defectors as per instructions not sure if correct does anyone have any info or pics

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
In all honesty, if you have deflectors fitted, correctly or not, you will not run into problems with the authorities.

If for any reason you are pulled in, and that is unlikely if you are obeying traffic laws, they may check that deflectors are present, but that's it.

In 30 years travel in France in GB plated vehicles I have only been stopped once and that was as a result of my crossing a Halt sign without stopping completely, although I had almost come to a halt. A two minute bollocking from the Police and I was on my way again. No fine, no document check.

Enjoy your travels.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Deflectors, whatever their design, have a single function which is to cut-off the part of the UK dip beam that is allowed to illuminate more of the left side. If you aim un-altered UK headlights at a wall around 10 feet in front of you will spot the asymmetry on the left of the flat top of the dip beams. It is that asymmetry that you need to mask (the 'kick-up' in the pic).
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Bit hit and miss but I have mine on dipped, move to the position they are blinding me and then slap it on so it stops it.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I just put a bit of Gaffer tape on each light...Looks legal. Don't drive much at night when on holiday but never noticed any difference using proper deflectors or my bit of tape when i have. BUSBY.

MannClan

Free Member
Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
just bought some headlight protectors with the appropriate markings on them for deflectors. I figured the 60.00 was money well spent as a new headlight would probably cost 100.00 or more if hit by a stone and I can just put gaffa tape in the correct place.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back