Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
Hi,

The headlamps on my 2006 Integra 810 have started to mist over they are also showing signs of a very fine crazy paving effect.
I have tried various methods to clean them to no avail.
Whilst I wait for Geoff Cox to reply, does anyone know of any other supplier or have any ideas please.
I am assuming it is a sealed unit. Bit scared to take them out whilst travelling.
Cheers.
Kevin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I found this on another site that we can not mention,

Martin

Headlight units. Thought I would check these in case one gets cracked or broken etc. As with other makes the headlights do seem vulnerable to flying stones etc although they do seem to have a built in Perspex cover. They are HELLA make and I think fitted to BMW 5 series.
npautoparts.co.uk seem to have them at �119.99 each. Can,t confirm this but certainly they look the same as BMW 5 series 1999 to 2003 and the sticker on the top of the headlight has Hella and BMW on it plus all the part numbers etc. (Hope I wont need one just wanted to know if available)

OP
OP
obanvanman

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
I found this on another site that we can not mention,

Martin

Headlight units. Thought I would check these in case one gets cracked or broken etc. As with other makes the headlights do seem vulnerable to flying stones etc although they do seem to have a built in Perspex cover. They are HELLA make and I think fitted to BMW 5 series.
npautoparts.co.uk seem to have them at �119.99 each. Can,t confirm this but certainly they look the same as BMW 5 series 1999 to 2003 and the sticker on the top of the headlight has Hella and BMW on it plus all the part numbers etc. (Hope I wont need one just wanted to know if available)

Got my brother on the case, knows a bloke who deals in nothing but BMW parts.
Found lots of replacement lenses on flea bay, just need to make sure they will fit, and also how to crack the thing open to replace the lens once I have removed it, (hopefully without breaking anything).(n)
Thanks again.
Kevin

sjh810

Free Member
Sep 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi. I have the same problem with one of my headlamp covers on my 810hs. Did you figure out how to change the cover, or was it the whole headlamp unit that had to be replaced? Plus did you find the correct replacent on ebay in the end? Help would be much appreciated.

OP
OP
obanvanman

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
Hi, no problem. They are BMW E39 headlamps. If you look on ebay they are on there at various prices. I ended up buying a pair from Germany.
Lens covers are also for sale on there, having had mine out I am not sure that I would like to give it a go.
The body work plastic cover on the front needs to come off first, you will see the screw in the far corner inside. After that it is a lot of crying, swearing and in my case blood. As you take them out you might find they have been packed out with washers. I managed it ok but it is a bit awkward.
If you need any help please ask.
Kev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sjh810

Free Member
Sep 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1999
Sorry to keep on Kev, but are you saying that just the perspex front covers can be replaced? Or does the unit come complete with the headlamps?
Steven

OP
OP
obanvanman

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
Thats ok. There is someone on ebay advertising lens covers. It can obviously be done, I was just lucky and got 2 new units for a reasonable price. Obviously they will still have to be completely removed. As I had the new units I didnt bother to look at how that could be done. It must just be some sort of glue.

sjh810

Free Member
Sep 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1999
OK thanks for your help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun