Head height under drop down bed (1 Viewer)

Mar 2, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
Since Dec 2017
Does anyone know the head height in in the living area in the Chausson 640 when the fully made up bed is in the raised position? We are considering going to look at one due to the large living/kitchen area not to mention the big bathroom and garage but don’t want to make a 150 mile round trip to a dealer only to find that we cannot stand up underneath the bed as we have found in numerous other similar layouts. The male half is 6‘ foot 1“ in his slippers and I cannot find internal height dimensions under the bed anywhere online. Also any comments on build quality appreciated as it would be a deviation from our preferred German build.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Not a Chausson but we have a Bavaria with drop down bed and think the height is minimum 6ft 2ins .
Not sure if they are all very similar :-(
Maybe dealer can tell you if you call him ?

OP
OP
WednVegas
Mar 2, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
Since Dec 2017
Not a Chausson but we have a Bavaria with drop down bed and think the height is minimum 6ft 2ins .
Not sure if they are all very similar :-(
Maybe dealer can tell you if you call him ?
Thanks we have found that there is a huge variation in heights and the dealer can only speak for the ones that they have on site which do not have any bed linen on them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Actually makes no difference reference linen on it or not for ours . Goes to the upper limit and you can’t change that but you can stop it up till then . But has to go to the upper limit to travel . The bedding you put on will depend on the distance between the bed and the roof .

RetiredPope

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 9, 2015
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 640
Exp
4yrs so still a newbie
We have a 2018 640 and I'm 6' 1" and despite only having 1/2" clearance I don't feel the need to duck or tilt my head. It may be because the bottom is curved and shaped not flat, although the variation in height is small.

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
2015 made chausson 510, I’m 6’1” and need to slighly bend my head when it’s fully up To the stop that resets the bed computer memory.

on a mates 2019 640 i can stand upright.!

think its where the bed raising engine is, in ours its in the bed base, so base deeper, in his it’s on the wall, beside the bed so bed base a little thinner.?
only explanation I can think off.
( both ford tranny based)

build quality?

I regard it as Ikea built. All screw fixings covered with plastic caps Or a bit of sticky paper in same material as wall colours for the small screws.
our first and only van so can’t compare. But nothing has fallen apart after 21500 miles.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
WednVegas
Mar 2, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
Since Dec 2017
Thanks all just what we needed to know. It looks like it will fit the bill so will be going to have a look😊

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back