He Has To Be Labelled As A Traveller! (1 Viewer)

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Because he has surely earnt it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-en...an-drives-from-japan-to-london-in-a-campervan

Man drives from Japan to London in a campervan

Japanese-born Kinjiro Ogawa lived in London in the 1970s before returning to his home country.

But he knew he wanted to visit the UK capital again one day.

When the motorcycle dealer retired he drove 31,000 miles (50,000km) across Russia, Scandinavia, Europe and Africa to get here.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
A few years back I read of a guy who rode a small motorbike (90cc) from Beijing to London !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Japan isn't in the EU :eek: how on earth could he drive through Spain and France! ;)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
.31,000 miles (50,000km) across Russia, Scandinavia, Europe and Africa to get here.

strange route.. a direct route would have been less than half that millage .. round the world is only 24,000 ml.. maybe using a Snooper s7000 ;)

and spending 7 months in Morocco.. visitor visa is 3 months , how did he manage that

anyways.. epic journey (y)

Last edited:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
A few years back I read of a guy who rode a small motorbike (90cc) from Beijing to London !

Our second Son is now back in this country saving up to return to Kuala Lumpur to rejoin his beloved Ozzie postal bike.
He started his journey on a Kiwi Postal Bike in South Island, NZ to Auckland. He sold it because it's almost impossible to import a second hand bike into OZ.
He flew to Brisbane, bought his present bike (I think it's a 110cc Honda, specifically built for postal work) and rode it to Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, and up through the centre to Darwin.
It was put on a boat to East Timor and he flew in. The bike was ridden the length of Indonesia and up into Borneo before he ran out of money and stored the bike at KL and flew home.
SWMBO is in fear and trepidation at him resuming the journey

Reactions: GPW
Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Our second Son is now back in this country saving up to return to Kuala Lumpur to rejoin his beloved Ozzie postal bike.
He started his journey on a Kiwi Postal Bike in South Island, NZ to Auckland. He sold it because it's almost impossible to import a second hand bike into OZ.
He flew to Brisbane, bought his present bike (I think it's a 110cc Honda, specifically built for postal work) and rode it to Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, and up through the centre to Darwin.
It was put on a boat to East Timor and he flew in. The bike was ridden the length of Indonesia and up into Borneo before he ran out of money and stored the bike at KL and flew home.
That would be CT110 , they even have a 2 speed transfer box for steep hills , and 4speed trans with centrifugal clutch
320Postie.jpg

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I bet his bum was numb

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
strange route.. a direct route would have been less than half that millage .. round the world is only 24,000 ml.. maybe using a Snooper s7000 ;)

and spending 7 months in Morocco.. visitor visa is 3 months , how did he manage that

anyways.. epic journey (y)

Perhaps he did that route because he could - and wanted to.

No doubt he made sure he had all the correct visas in place before his departure. When I used to visit the USA on a regular basis I had one of the longer visas rather than a tourist visa, I don't remember how long I could stay but I think it was 6 or 9 or even 12 months but I had to report to the local police office on a weekly (?) basis after 3 months cumulative in any year and get a stamp / signature on the visa. My cousin's husband was a police officer so I used to go to work with him once a week when I was visiting them. Usually I had to tell the officer what he or she needed to do to ensure I was still legal :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back