LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
There are also official aires at Cruden Bay and The Falkirk Wheel, as well as a few unofficial aires.

I'd be careful about calling Hawick a village - it's one of the biggest places in The Borders

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
I would suspect that small towns / villages would increasingly welcome Motorhomers / Caravanners in the future. In a Country where "Community Action" is encouraged, such as volunteers running libraries, communities coming together to buy and run pubs and shops, then a manageable number of overnight MH parking spaces, brings tourist and their cash into the village / town.

It only needs a few towns, such as Hawick, to prove it works then it will become more widespread, hopefully.

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
There are also official aires at Cruden Bay and The Falkirk Wheel, as well as a few unofficial aires.

I'd be careful about calling Hawick a village - it's one of the biggest places in The Borders

Apologies it is of course a town. ;-) and one I very much enjoy visiting

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
Excellant news for a change, we will call in next year on annual trip north,

Alan + Diane,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
That good :) So your allowed to stay one night?

It would be good for us motorhomers to stop by make it a great success and hopefully make other councils see sense in welcoming us motorhomers ;)

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Having spent a considerable time touring on the continent, it underlines how backward we in the uk are with the things that give people what they need and want at affordable prices or even free.
Aires/Stellplatz is one and easy and safe cycling another that come to mind.

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
You will find that Dumfries also does not turn away Motorhomes. Dock park parking, Whitesands parking, and also Brooms road car park. Monster vans probably best in the Brooms road parking area.

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
going up that way from sept 2nd for a month touring Scotland, so might pop in for a night on our travels up to the highlands........(y)

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
Does any one know if its available all year round or just summer time only? Thanks

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
That good :) So your allowed to stay one night?

It would be good for us motorhomers to stop by make it a great success and hopefully make other councils see sense in welcoming us motorhomers ;)
May I suggest an idea for those who enjoy a night at Hawick? When you get back home identify a council car park there which is suitable and then write to the council (Chief Exec and Leader say) saying something along the lines of:
As well as being a resident here I own a motorhome and travel throughout the UK. I recently stayed for a night at the special motorhome facility at Hawick and, whilst there, spent £xxx. From my observations it appears that the ABC car park is underused. If you were to introduce a similar motorhome facility to that car park it would attract motorhome owners from other areas to spend similar amounts here. Naturally I should be happy to meet with you to discuss requirements and help in any way I can.
You never know what might come of it - at least they won't be able to say they are unaware of demand.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
May I suggest an idea for those who enjoy a night at Hawick? When you get back home identify a council car park there which is suitable and then write to the council (Chief Exec and Leader say) saying something along the lines of:

You never know what might come of it - at least they won't be able to say they are unaware of demand.
I may just try that in Scarborough Graham.......:roflmto: :roflmto::winky:

Reactions: GJH

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
We stayed there recently but was disappointed by the number of lorries pulling in in the evening and leaving in the early hours. There are HGV bays but they just park anywhere. Other than that a good place to park, Lidl close by, Morrisons just up the road and lots of places to eat with toilets there also. It has also been reported there is a tap at the exit from the car park by the river.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back