LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi got up this morning and set about the garden,the hose sprung leaks on a couple of joints-replaced them.Then got petrol blower out and after ten mins came to restart nothing happening just pulls without engaging engine :cry: got spare blower out on second pull string disapears and I am left with handel in my hand :Doh::cry:
Now SWMBO say decorat the bedroom:shout: and as I look out she is sunbathing on the sunbed with the poooch next to her on mine :Angry::ROFLMAO:
bad day or what ?
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:ROFLMAO: the only upside is I can sneek on here :ROFLMAO::thumb: anyway ceiling done 2 coats and cut in :thumb: walls next :ROFLMAO:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:ROFLMAO: Yep that's a new use for them :ROFLMAO: if I get them to go that is :ROFLMAO: mine suck as well :thumb: just got to pull a slide lever and suck up all the leaves :thumb: All the walls now done & cut in once, just got to cut in again then gloss / no undercoat this time :ROFLMAO: Shes already done the inspection bit and droped a big hint for the small bedroom tommorow :Doh::cry:
terry

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I'll get the Missus to give you a ring Terry.

She keeps on at me about the decorating and ends up doing it herself.:winky:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:thumb: Hi Steve just been on a coffee break & suggested a couple of weeks in Devon & Cornwall but it fell on def ears :Angry: she suggested after small bed ,our bed then hall stairs & landing,front room and I can leave the others untill we get bad weather :ROFLMAO:Going to start the last cutting in now then gloss, be back soon :ROFLMAO:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
bad day continues

How much badder can it get :ROFLMAO: finished my painting just sat down on here again &put the very old portable tv on / no picture :cry:
terry

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
You're not having a good day Terry.:Doh:

Sorry but this does make "interesting" reading.:ROFLMAO:

Perhaps the Missus will take pity and pamper you this evening.::bigsmile::thumb:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Perhaps the Missus will take pity and pamper you this evening.
Hi Steve I doubt that very much but can live in hope :thumb::ROFLMAO:
Just been looking for a cheapo lcd tv and now I want 1 cannot find 1 under £100 - 2 weeks ago I saw 3 or 4 for about £90 Typical
terry

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
better get to bed quick then terry, the worst that can happen is that you fall asleep xxxxxxx hope tomorrow is better for you xxxxx

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I sympathize mainly coz my weekend went horribly wrong as well. It all started when I put a bid on an Ebay lot for leather seats for my car. They'll be nice I thought. As I wasn't too fussed about it I put in a low bid, much to my astonishment it won!
They're too big to fit in the car so the decision was made for me to take the trailer. Unfortunately it's full of junk which has to be emptied first. Of course, we then had to find somewhere to put it all. So a sort-out of the garage was called for. Then a trip to the tip with the now empty trailer. When I got there I was told, no trailers. New policy to stop trade waste. How many traders tow their trailers with a Subaru Impreza! So I had to go outside, disconnect the trailer, load the rubbish into the car (twice), whereupon I was allowed to dump it.
With a now empty trailer I set of on 160 mile round trip. Somewhere on the M25 between the M3 and M4 the side door fell off!:Doh: I stopped on the hard shoulder just in time to see it get crushed by a passing truck and the next one just to make certain.:Doh::Doh: Surprised I didn't get done for littering as well:ROFLMAO:

Cheers
Doug

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:ROFLMAO: I see it is not only me :ROFLMAO: but on the bright side the tv is working this morning :thumb: it was the on digi box frozen up :Doh: The boss has said I can look around for a new telly for the van and use the van one in here ::bigsmile: so if anyone knows of a wide screen tv that is 17/19 ins but no bigger than 345 mm x 525 mm overhaul let me know the make / I found one but it is 350 mm and is 5 mm too big,and no I am not cutting away at the van cupboard :ROFLMAO:The bedroom that SWMBO wants painting is only about 7 ft sq so that will not take long :thumb:so all in all it is looking better already
terry

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
As you say, it's nice to know there are others in the same boat. Somehow it makes lifes little travails that much easier to bear.
As far as tellys go, tell me about it! When we bought our motorhome I did a deal to sort out the tvs myself. I was a bit surprised at how rapidly they accepted. For 6 months after all I ever seemed to do was wander around shops armed with a tape measure trying to find the elusive TV to fit into the cabinet. We found quite a few that fitted width and height but not one as thin as the original US TV.:cry:
I eventually found a Bush flat screen that fitted on the outside of the cabinet which gives me a bit of room for the computer I'm building.:Smile:
Last weekend we went to the Kit Car Show and the bl**dy TV packed up. :cry: So we decided to go for a drive into Coventry looking for a new one. Happened across Currys, wandered in and lo, a Humax 23 inch DVB-T flatscreen TV. Quick check of the dimensions confirmed it's a fraction of an inch bigger. Even better, it was only £249 but Currys were offering a 5% discount. Brilliant!::bigsmile:
Took it back to the RV, removed the Bush, took the bracket off the back and put it on the Humax and connected everything up. I was fully expecting to have to take the TV bracket off the wall so the TV would fit in the space available. Just delighted when I realised it was absolutely spot on.:thumb: No adjustments needed whatsoever.
Sometimes things do go right for me!

Regards
Doug

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back