Haven holiday sites (1 Viewer)

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
I’m off to Weymouth on Monday for 4 nights £48 hup and SWMBO look out for my Motorhome fun sticker it’s a big un!!!!

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
We intended to use a Haven site in Weymouth for our next trip, but one of us (me) foolishly agreed to go back to work for a month, so we can only do 2 nights and Weymouth is to far for that. So we have booked 2 nights at Sandford in Poole £46 for 2 people and 1 dog. That is for a full service hardstanding pitch. A grass standard pitch with electric was £37.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Shame about the size restriction. I’ve just spent 3 nights at the Perran Sands site for £23.50 including electric.

Lovely position next to the dunes.
Unless its altered we went with our 7.4 metre motorhome with no problem a few years ago to Haven Caister holiday camp near Great Yarmouth Norfolk

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Many years ago took our 8 mtr twin axle caravan to Perran Sands, no problems putting it on the pitch, but then the problems started,:
Booke "super-Pitch" no difference to std, no dedicated services,
Grass not cut
People walking between van and car, no privacy
Loos, filthy
Rubbish everywhere,
Touring pitches at back of site, statics have best pitches.
Worst site we have ever been on
when asked to be moved got told - if you are not happy you can always go somewhere else
And this was full price not an offer
Vowed will never use Haven again,

Reactions: f6c
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Blue Dolphin, yes some of the pitches are sloping, you can get a few levelish ones though, especially on the large grassed area.

Showers are excellent on site, swimming pool pass included but the walks directly from the site are wonderful. Food and drink is expensive in the restaurants but we didn't bother.

Warden and staff really friendly and helpful in March.

Stunning cliff top walks in either direction, to Filey and to Cayton Bay the other way. Cycled to Filey on the cycle path as well.

I walked to both, what views, seals in the sea on an evening. Take your binoculars and telescope.

No roads, walks straight from the site, brilliant. It's a yes from me, great value for money and location superb. It was cheaper than most CLs EHU included.

Dog walking excellent, an enormous cliff top field and footpaths in all directions.

You can't beat Yorkshire

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
weve been quite a few tomes to different sites...their mainly fine but there are a few caveats....
DONT GO anywhere near holiday periods....it gets heaving...
perran sands os great out of season if you book a Euro Pitch...they are well away from the other touring areas, pretty quiet and top class pitches...
the size thing....the 6.4m they keep qupting is the actual size of the pitch (hard standing) so much longer van can easily park and overhang the rear...
out of season prices are ridiculously cheap and can result in great locations at cheap as chip prices...
just avoid the crowded times....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back