Haven, absolute bargain (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
just been looking round for campsites cl cs and all the various stops for this week , so thought for a laugh have a look how much haven want, right no kidding , put in blue dolphin camp in Yorkshire , four days from Wednesday all hookups, all entertainment, £28 for two, £7 a night!!!
Where else can you get anything like that?(y)(y)(y)(y)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Its a no brainer as they say.(y)

We stayed at one which had a free to use heated indoor swimming pool. If you ordered two meals in the restaurant before 4:30pm, the second meal was free and the grub was decent and freshly cooked.

Re entertainment, they put on a tribute to Michael Jackson which IMO was pretty good. The beer wasn't too expensive. We had hardstanding pitch, not overlooked, with electric. Cracking three days for less than 30 quid.:eek:

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
That's pretty good isn't it(y)

However having stayed at a Haven site and tried their entertainment I think I would be prepared to pay £7 a night not to go back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Correct, we used their Haggerston Castle site a few years ago OK it's a winter special and being the Northumberland coast the sleet and snow were going horizontal but that wasn't Haven's fault.

Martin

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
just been looking round for campsites cl cs and all the various stops for this week , so thought for a laugh have a look how much haven want, right no kidding , put in blue dolphin camp in Yorkshire , four days from Wednesday all hookups, all entertainment, £28 for two, £7 a night!!!

Similar to our 3 nights next w/e at Parkdean, Brynowen £22.40 for 3 nights with ehu & h/s (y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
That's pretty good isn't it(y)

However having stayed at a Haven site and tried their entertainment I think I would be prepared to pay £7 a night not to go back.

After a stay at a Haven site a few years ago I swore I would never go back.

Teenage boys (football team) left in a static without adult supervision .....you can imagine the result. Wardens called, a "responsible adult" told them to tone it down and then went back to his drinking. It was quiet for around 5 minutes and started up again. Another call to the warden .... I was told that noise until 2 am was acceptable (!!) but I think even the warden was a little upset after the little darlings started a fire .........

We left the following morning.

Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
Stayed on an haven site . It was like custers last stand with the kids going round and round the van

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie

Yeh but you have to cook the hedgehog and polish the milk churn.......:ROFLMAO:

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
A few of us on here have used Haven Tenby on our way to Pembrey and have found it ok for what we paid.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
When our kids were little in the 80s we have paid £800 for a week in a static in August at blue dolphin!

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Aren't Haven the holiday parks that the Sun (other Red Tops available) use when they do their Holidays for Four for a Tenner offers?

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Aren't Haven the holiday parks that the Sun (other Red Tops available) use when they do their Holidays for Four for a Tenner offers?

Some of them not all Haven Sites take Camping Caravans and Motorhomes and usually the camping field is well away from the "_ _ _ _ _ _"(insert your adjective here) although some sites the Camping field is just a little too far away from the pool and bars (Golden Sands at Mablethorpe camp ground is 1km away from the pool/shop/restaurant-bar)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yes , but don't think you may have read the small print, most of them are EACH, plus bedding plus entertainment passes , when you work it all out its very little less than you can book it direct:(

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Theys mus'tur sin yew's kummum frammur long ways orf Borr,,, wavun flags un'firin orf rockuts were'ya,?!!! :whistle::LOL::LOL::LOL:
When the kids were young in the 80s and I was a self employed farmer, with only one week a year off, and having to pay someone to milk while away, and not into going abroad we really tried to give the kids the week at the place they enjoyed, and obviously it had to be in school holidays ,and must say , we always enjoyed haven and the kids and now grand kids still go themselves now, we have never had a bad experience, apart from the cost:(

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Yes , but don't think you may have read the small print, most of them are EACH, plus bedding plus entertainment passes , when you work it all out its very little less than you can book it direct:(
Never read any of the T&C's because;
  1. I don't read the Sun
  2. I'm not interested in a holiday camp holiday at any price.
I was just pointing out why some of the clientele are perhaps not what Funsters might want as neighbours... *

*mind you I have heard that some other campers don't much want rowdy Funsters as their neighbours :whistle2:.

Jim and Lorraine

Free Member
Nov 10, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
You pay your money and take your chance. I'm not a lover off them but just had a great weekend at Seton Sands. (Haven near Edinburgh) £14 for 2 nights euro pitch etc. I concur with others about past experiences but try not to tar them all with the same brush.

Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
I always forget about the Haven sites. will have to look it up next time we head up Northumberland way.

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
When the kids were young in the 80s and I was a self employed farmer, with only one week a year off, and having to pay someone to milk while away, and not into going abroad we really tried to give the kids the week at the place they enjoyed, and obviously it had to be in school holidays ,and must say , we always enjoyed haven and the kids and now grand kids still go themselves now, we have never had a bad experience, apart from the cost:(
Flippun'eck Borr, an'I fort I ad'ut ard when I woz workun fer masen asssur Leckeethrisun/Plummur,,,
unlee'fing simlur tur yew'un mee Borr is tur milkun,,,,,,,,,
unlee'I warnt milkun cows,,,, jus'mur custurmurs,?!!! :whistle:;):LOL::LOL::LOL:

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
During school term Haven are struggling, school hols & bank hols £80 a night, crap beer and your fleeced every time you enter through any door:mad:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
During school term Haven are struggling, school hols & bank hols £80 a night, crap beer and your fleeced every time you enter through any door:mad:
Even so £7 a night with all hookups , stay out of the bars , got to be a bargain, cheaper than any cls css, even britstops are dearer if you use the pub.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Isn't that where they just had the salmonella outbreak?? o_O
Keeping hens and pigs I think I am just about immune to any salmonella or ecoli you could throw at me(y):D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back