Have your plans for touring changed this year? (1 Viewer)

Have your plans for touring changed this year?

• I was always going to stay UK based

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • I will be going to the continent come what may

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • I will probably go but change travel from Chunnel to ferry

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I will probably go but avoid France completely

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I will probably go but just use France as access to the rest of Europe

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • I will go and only go to France

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • I will now stay in the UK and forego other travel in MH

Votes: 44 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Hiya.
Continuous cruising is the plan. Its something I have fancied doing for a long time. However boats seem to be very expensive at the moment. I think its the same as mortorhoming, Covid has changed people's thoughts about holidaying abroad.
So we are going to rent, and see how it compares to fulltiming in a van.
Either it will scratch the itch, or we will want to buy a boat.
Winter cruising will definitely be a true test!!
I watch the narrowboat vloggers too.
And we have a week booked with friends in July, doing the Black Country ring.
I miss Spain and Portugal already though. The food, and the wine and the sunshine mostly.

Any narrowboat owners here?

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Looking at how much EuroTunnel has gone up in price we will, for now, stay in or around Spain until things change and might get a chance to go into France. So want to get back to UK to see family and friends, but looking like 2022 before that happens in campervan.

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
Watching and waiting. It's seems to me the catch is not whether or not you can leave a country, it's what you have to do to get into your destination(s) of choice and then back home again. Circumstances are such that we won't be away for more than 3 weeks for the time being so we're reluctant to spend any of that in isolation when we get there, and we ain't spending the thick end of £500 on tests so we can come home.

Jun 21st will hopefully see pretty much all restrictions relaxed in England, but that doesn't necessarily mean cross-channel travel will be completely opened up at the same time.

Our Brittany Ferries bookings may still be playing leapfrog for another few months.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We moved ours like that.
I keep seeing people saying now we’re vaccinated it’s all ok? Nothing has changed you still stand just as much chance of catching it or carrying it the only thing that’s changed is a higher percentage of people won’t get ill enough to block the hand full of itu beds the uk have.
I think for this year it’s just easier to stay in the uk and also help boost the small shops with a bit more cash👍
So today’s news re the Pfizer vaccine being 95% effective in preventing the vaccinated from catching Covid once they have had both doses is a lie then? Glad you cleared that up.
Perhaps I should take more notice of you than of the scientists that presented this information in future.
You really do not want this to end do you?
That's not exactly what he said though is it ... with any vaccine there is always some who will not get full 95% protection and those who won't get any at all, how many this will be is unknown; comment by all means but I question whether there was any need for the usual sarky comments as it doesn't do anything to endear you to others, do you?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Watching and waiting. It's seems to me the catch is not whether or not you can leave a country, it's what you have to do to get into your destination(s) of choice and then back home again. Circumstances are such that we won't be away for more than 3 weeks for the time being so we're reluctant to spend any of that in isolation when we get there, and we ain't spending the thick end of £500 on tests so we can come home.

Jun 21st will hopefully see pretty much all restrictions relaxed in England, but that doesn't necessarily mean cross-channel travel will be completely opened up at the same time.

Our Brittany Ferries bookings may still be playing leapfrog for another few months.
The cost is a consideration obviously, especially when you add in the additional cost for taking our dogs abroad too, but the biggest consideration for us is the hassle factor ... we go on holiday to relax and enjoy it, not to spend the time worrying about what hoops we'll have to jump through in order to come home.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
That's not exactly what he said though is it ... with any vaccine there is always some who will not get full 95% protection and those who won't get any at all, how many this will be is unknown; comment by all means but I question whether there was any need for the usual sarky comments as it doesn't do anything to endear you to others, do you?
Actually he said that when vaccinated one still has the same chance of catching Covid which is either made up, a lie, scaremongering or just a lack of knowledge. There are enough on here that seem to think this way without giving more fuel to this train of thought.
We have had people claiming the vaccination doesn’t prevent any transmission which has been proven to be false. So why say it? Now someone claiming the vaccination doesn’t prevent one getting Covid, again proven to be false. Just what do these people gain from being so negative? Is it that they get a kick out of scaremongering? Is it that they really want their thoughts to be true?
It is just beyond me what people get from posting these type of things.

Reactions: Aji

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Actually he said that when vaccinated one still has the same chance of catching Covid which is either made up, a lie, scaremongering or just a lack of knowledge. There are enough on here that seem to think this way without giving more fuel to this train of thought.
We have had people claiming the vaccination doesn’t prevent any transmission which has been proven to be false. So why say it? Now someone claiming the vaccination doesn’t prevent one getting Covid, again proven to be false. Just what do these people gain from being so negative? Is it that they get a kick out of scaremongering? Is it that they really want their thoughts to be true?
It is just beyond me what people get from posting these type of things.
Question stuff by all means but it's the 'sarkiness' that I don't like. I was just beginning to 'warm' to you Glenn as well ...

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Question stuff by all means but it's the 'sarkiness' that I don't like. I was just beginning to 'warm' to you Glenn as well ...
Probably comes across that way but it’s the constant putting down the effectiveness of vaccines etc that gets to me. Why do they do it? What pleasure can they possibly get from it? I’m just glad I don’t know these type of people either professionally or socially they would drive me insane.
It’s a good job we as a country didn’t have to rely on their generation in the last war. It would have been over by lunch time on day one and we would be speaking German.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We moved ours like that.
I keep seeing people saying now we’re vaccinated it’s all ok? Nothing has changed you still stand just as much chance of catching it or carrying it the only thing that’s changed is a higher percentage of people won’t get ill enough to block the hand full of itu beds the uk have.
I think for this year it’s just easier to stay in the uk and also help boost the small shops with a bit more cash👍
The scientists are saying, you could catch a vaccine resistant variant and bring it back with you. This is the factor that must be considered.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Probably comes across that way but it’s the constant putting down the effectiveness of vaccines etc that gets to me. Why do they do it? What pleasure can they possibly get from it? I’m just glad I don’t know these type of people either professionally or socially they would drive me insane.
It’s a good job we as a country didn’t have to rely on their generation in the last war. It would have been over by lunch time on day one and we would be speaking German.
Please, please stop it ... we know exactly what your view is and don't need it to be constantly brought up in a way that is IMV insulting to other funsters ... I have come very, very close to making you my first ever 'ignored' member and I've been on here virtually since the start of this forum so have 'seen' a lot of posts from people and been at the receiving end of stuff but have never felt the need to ignore them ... I don't want to do it and hope that I don't find the need to do so in the future and break my 'non-ignore' record.

If you are unable to give an opinion without the criticism of others then perhaps you need to re-think whether you should really post on these threads - all it does is distract from the actual subject itself and can put others off posting.

OP
OP
grumps147

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Please, please stop it ... we know exactly what your view is and don't need it to be constantly brought up in a way that is IMV insulting to other funsters ... I have come very, very close to making you my first ever 'ignored' member and I've been on here virtually since the start of this forum so have 'seen' a lot of posts from people and been at the receiving end of stuff but have never felt the need to ignore them ... I don't want to do it and hope that I don't find the need to do so in the future and break my 'non-ignore' record.

If you are unable to give an opinion without the criticism of others then perhaps you need to re-think whether you should really post on these threads - all it does is distract from the actual subject itself and can put others off posting.
I wanted to know if I was, in the light of all that is happening, being overly cautious Minxy Girl.
I must admit that I hoped creating the poll would avoid drift, but had half expected someone to tell me I was being over cautious which has not happened.
Yes, when it gets to be personal it makes you wonder if it was a good idea to create the thread. Thank goodness I did not add anything about driving at 50mph to the continent at the same time or someone would be giving advice that people be shot again! I will think very carefully about creating more threads.

Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
I wanted to know if I was, in the light of all that is happening, being overly cautious
Whether you are being overly cautious is a matter for you alone, i don't really see what's wrong with your thread, each are entitled to their particular view.
It seems whether anyone chooses to go to europe or anywhere else for that matter is an emotive subject, people have strong views on the subject, and rightly so, but the debate should not get personal, or descend to sarcastic remarks, just because people don't agree.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
In Oct/Nov 2020, we cancelled our site booking in Spain for Jan-March 2021, and re booked for Jan-March 2022, but are quite prepared to cancel again, rather than go through all the hassle of restrictive movement, tests, and quarantine on return. No Germany this September either. :cry:

It's "Staycation GB" for us this year. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
In Oct/Nov 2020, we cancelled our site booking in Spain for Jan-March 2021, and re booked for Jan-March 2022, but are quite prepared to cancel again, rather than go through all the hassle of restrictive movement, tests, and quarantine on return. No Germany this September either. :cry:

It's "Staycation GB" for us this year. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Yes the palaver involved, not to mention the costs, is what is putting us off.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We've decided to tour the UK this autumn. Normally we would be heading across to France and places beyond. But I've now planned and booked a trip up through Wales, the Lake District, Scotland then back down the East Coast. With site fees it will cost as much as a trip in mainland Europe, probably more given the cost of booze in this country, but I'm looking forward to it.

However, in 2022 will be be heading back south via the ferry to Roscoff from Plymouth. :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I wanted to know if I was, in the light of all that is happening, being overly cautious Minxy Girl.
I must admit that I hoped creating the poll would avoid drift, but had half expected someone to tell me I was being over cautious which has not happened.
Yes, when it gets to be personal it makes you wonder if it was a good idea to create the thread. Thank goodness I did not add anything about driving at 50mph to the continent at the same time or someone would be giving advice that people be shot again! I will think very carefully about creating more threads.
My comments weren't aimed at you grumps, don't let those who want to try to divert it to other things stop you doing more in the future, you are not at fault at all.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Our plans have changed, we have taken on another cleaner meet and greet lady, we are just booking a tunnel crossing to the UK for July / August to visit our family and friends. 😁 Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back