Have you managed to book a site somewhere? (1 Viewer)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
yep
had decided on staycation this summer anyway, so 2 weeks and around 8 sites booked UK months ago.
Going to Longleat this Saturday - be fun as must be unique to have the whole site arrive the same day. Have been given a timed entry slot.
That is where I am heading on Saturday - got my arrival slot and on pitch 68

straight from there down to the Jurassic meet at at Highlands end. Back for a few days then Weymouth where I was supposed to be race officering at the Osprey National champs (cancelled)

Chris CM

Free Member
Jan 28, 2019
S.E.Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Managed to get a night on a CL then 5 nights in Edinburgh C&MC for five nights immediately after their lockdown ends followed by 3 nights at Hadrians Wall. Finding the latter site took quite a bit of phoning around. Staying at sites isn’t my preferred option but I think I’ll wait a bit to see how things pan out before wild camping again!

May 19, 2018
Funster No
I don't understand why washing facilities and toilets are closed due to health and safety. Especially as we're supposed to be washing our hands more often.
I would imagine the fresh water tap is going to be more infectious than anything else.
Booked in for 2 nights at Stoke Gabriel this weekend.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta
Exp
4 years including lockdown
Booked some nights "near Oban" for July with limited facilities. Hoping for some other short trips away in the summer and then either the Loire or Germany in October.
Not complaining as we did have a week in Paris back in February when everyone said we were daft to go then, and should wait for the better weather at Easter. Ho hum!

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I don't understand why washing facilities and toilets are closed due to health and safety. Especially as we're supposed to be washing our hands more often.
I would imagine the fresh water tap is going to be more infectious than anything else.
Booked in for 2 nights at Stoke Gabriel this weekend.
The C&MC sites we've looked at have opened the facilities.
They'd just like self sufficient MH & Caravans to use their onboard equipment where possible first

Dec 6, 2016
Wigan
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Over40 years
Great and very encouraging to read of all your plans.

At the beginning of the lockdown, being vulnerable, age and underlying medical problems, mild asthma, I wasnt for going anywhere at all this year.

Now, having weighed up all the issues, weve said, what the heck, let's go for it.

Dave will tax it and fit the new inverter.

UK until September, then hopefully, France and Germany.

Thank you to all who've shared their plans.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Not booked anything yet, waiting to see how all this pans out. Managed two trips before it kicked off anyways.

Adam+Jude

Free Member
Feb 20, 2019
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 580
Exp
July 2018
I went online and started booking as soon as confirmation was given for UK, and hoped Scotland would follow suit- which it has thankfully.
I've booked up 10days travelling at the end of July from west to east coast of southern Scotland.

After having 3breaks cancelled so far this year, so looking forward to this break

Dec 6, 2016
Wigan
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Over40 years
Borrowdale - our favourite site. A pitch down the bottom end. Take at least one bird feeder! And do the round trip on the bus - not sure about that!!! Should be ok if you take masks and sanitizer!!!

Dec 1, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner Marano
Exp
I’m a newbie
Booked 6 weeks tour U.K. from 29th July till 8th September no problem booking all the sites, just praying not another lock down starts

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Leaving Sunday for 2 weeks at a CAMC site on the I O Wight. Booked in Feb whilst there was so much uncertainty about access to the continent. My son, dog and wife will also be going there with their caravan. First time holidaying in U.K. in 20 years!
An 'expert' wrote yesterday in the IOW paper that due to the current hike in the infection rate the island was the next area likely to be returned to lockdown. If that's the case I'll get out asap, taking the ferry back to Southampton and then transfer to the ferry to France. Passport already packed.
Sorted.

Sep 6, 2019
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Frontier
Exp
since 2015
Got a few sites booked from the 4th July,Heading down to north Devon for a couple of weeks starting at croyde bay.Just hope the weather picks up a bit. :Grin:

Oct 8, 2016
Tunbridge Wells
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
I'm a newbie
Booked Huttopia Noirmoutier and Flower Campings, Saumur no problem for weeks 1&2 in September. Sites in UK getting full rapidly. Did manage to book Canterbury (Black Horse Farm). Yet to be advised what the toilet arrangements will be.

Tonysswift

Free Member
Jun 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Swift Bellero
Exp
Shake down trip to battle middle of July 3 nights, after numerous try's, got there in the end

rbescape

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Stafford
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape
Exp
Since 2018
Peak district this weekend, and then a few sites in Scotland towards the end of the month 🤞

We were supposed to be doing the Orkney Islands but both ferry and site cancelled on us.

May 1, 2009
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
With some difficulty now booked on four sites and CL using CMC. Touring Wales from South to North late July to early August. Lots of places already booked up or few dates available not corresponding to our dates required. It's busy out there.

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
We are booked onto Stowford Manor Farm Camping near Trowbridge for a couple of nights mid July and then with part of our family at a cottage taking the motorhome as will have the toilet facilities to hand when we are out for the day. Somewhere near Pewsey in Wiltshire in early August

Graham of Madrid

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Mc Louis Glamys 40
Exp
Since 2019
I can only speak for my experience here in Spain but we have been booking for weekends maybe a few days beforehand and they've been pulling a fast one by adding 10 Euro booking fees which they've eventually dropped after some 'discussion'.

One good thing I've noticed is that there are no campers in tents which was expected really as they've no washing/toilet facilities. OK the communal dish washing facilities are available and being cleaned daily by the staff but we use our own. i don't miss the 'campers in tents' but the campsites here were very busy here in Madrid before the local phase 3 ended and travel restrictions were dropped between regions!!

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Booked some nights "near Oban" for July with limited facilities. Hoping for some other short trips away in the summer and then either the Loire or Germany in October.
Not complaining as we did have a week in Paris back in February when everyone said we were daft to go then, and should wait for the better weather at Easter. Ho hum!

Ditto! “Near Oban” is Bioran Dubh for us in July.
Then Loire and/or Germany in Sept/Oct.

May 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 68r
Exp
12 months
Managed to get 2 CLs in N Yorkshire and a Caravan Club one near Scarborough. Would have preferred Whitby but nothing doing

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
After New Forest cancellations/closed (setthorns and Matley wood) I have managed to find a booking in Norfolk 6th July onwards.

1593671068711.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back