Have you got everything with you? (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Would I be right in thinking that you full timers pay storage fees for stuff you do not want to tote with you? Or is everything thing you own in the motorhome?

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We've distributed some stuff around friend's houses and sheds but only things that'll fit in "really usefull boxes" everything else is in the van.
We found it relatively easy to dispose of stuff via charity shops and tip as we really want to fulltime and aren't attached too much to "things"!::bigsmile:
Mind you - we haven't been to a weighbridge yet!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

Marie

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Marie
Ive just put two and two together and made five, let me explain
1. acording to the above post you are fulltiming
2. it is usual to use an RV for that purpose
3. you avatar does indeed resemble an RV
4. ergo You are 7ft 2" your hubby is 9ft 3" = 5 ??????????:ROFLMAO:
Geo

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Would I be right in thinking that you full timers pay storage fees for stuff you do not want to tote with you? Or is everything thing you own in the motorhome?

:Cool: No. We have left lot's of things in the loft of our main house. We also have our old Karaoke equipment stored in the third bedroom of our second house. :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hi Marie
Ive just put two and two together and made five, let me explain
1. acording to the above post you are fulltiming
2. it is usual to use an RV for that purpose
3. you avatar does indeed resemble an RV
4. ergo You are 7ft 2" your hubby is 9ft 3" = 5 ??????????:ROFLMAO:
Geo

Well Geo - now you know!!:Doh:
Yes we're fulltiming
No we don't have an RV it's a European Motorhome! ::bigsmile:
I'm 5ft 4" and Rex is 6ft 1"!!::bigsmile:

Marie
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

kijana

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Mostly in a car park.
Funster No
MH
C class Luton
Exp
4 years
No. Everything we own is in the van.

Except for a Welsh dresser my dad made us - wouldn't fit. So it's in his basement.

The 90% of accumulated lifetime 'stuff' we dealt with by making it a condition of sale of our house that the buyer inherited it all. Including the cat! :ROFLMAO:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
We should be fulltiming soon, apart from a couple of small boxes, being left at our daughters house, everything that does not fit our new life will go, we did it before, we can do it again!!!!
A short time ago we had to sort out my Mothers 90years of crap, she was also looking after her parents 90years of "belongings" , That caused us problems with our health and our business, we have no intentions of putting our kids through it!!!!!
If you consider putting stuff into storage, look at the cost and the high risk of damage.
Nigel

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You are right Nigel. we moved 4 years ago, we took stuff out of the attic that had been in the attic of our old home for 10 years and put it straight into the attic here:Doh: We see the boxes once a year when we get the Christmas decorations down, There's tons of the stuff... thinking about it I will let the kids sort it.::bigsmile:

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Belongings

Hi

When I moved out of the house last December - blooming hummer, almost a year has gone, I had things stored all over the place. This was a sort of back up plan in case I decided to return to bricks and mortar.

I still have a few bits dotted here and there, and this thread has prompted me to sort it out - tomorrow.

Russell

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
We dumped so much when we moved from our 4 bedroomed bungalow in June but looking today our new 4 bedroomed bungalow is filling up nicely:Doh::cry:

Old magazines alone take up loads of room:Doh::cry:why do i need them?

V

vanessa

Deleted User
With the new changes being introduced re healthcare in France, we've been seriously considering fulltiming in a motorhome instead:Eeek: Nothing imminent, but it is an option.

HOWEVER!!!! The big problem is our "stuff". MOH has 40 years-worth of stuff he accumumlated before meeting me:RollEyes:. I have 40 years-worth of stuff I accumulated before meeting him:RollEyes:. When we bought this place in France, we had a "10-year plan" so bought yet more stuff for here:Doh:then condensed our plan down to just 2 years!! SO, we have 3 households-worth of stuff here:Doh::Doh: That would take some getting rid of!!:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back