Have you ever camped on the beach? (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Have you ever done this? I took this photo last night and it brought back many memories of doing just that when the kids were little.

beachmotorhome.jpg

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Not too keen on the salty sand being thrown up underneath. Would love to though.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Had lunch on this beach. A little south of Garrucha, Spain at Playa de Macenas. We could certainly have stayed overnight and others do. An 8 x 8 (the thing in the background) is not required. :)

There are other places you can get on the beach around this bit of coast. @vwalan knows them all I think. :)

P9260135.JPG

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
just keep turning left or right as you follow the sea .
there are loads places all over the place .
uk as well. some have gone now or some only suit narrow vw,s or toyota hiace type vehicles but they are there .
just becareful though following the closest road to the sea if in spain near la rabita . you cross a river bed and the souther side as a very sharp turn right between two walls . i di do it . just as well i dont think i could have reversed back through the two walls on the side i had come from . we laugh every year now should we take that road . oh ,i missed it . next year maybe .
its only a game . the locals come out and say hello ,at one place with a low bridge . good turn place though ,then as we go back there is an easy left turn . that would be terrible as a right turn .

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
IMG_6748.JPG
IMG_6612.JPG

These are the only ones on my ipad. All Scotland. We've stayed on many up there. Especially the Hebridean Islands. Even overnighted where we've known it's safe to .
One in particular was so secluded down a long single track , we never thought we'd get down to it.
We parked up on a cobbled beach and went out for a really long walk exploring . Then when it was really dark , no light pollution at all, We watched shooting stars whizzing by whilst eating our meal outside.
When it got too cold to sit out ,we went inside Pug cracked open the whisky ( and flipped the Cytrac satellite up and watched TV.:rofl:)

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I don't think he was far from home. (y) :)
He's not telling you as it will lose him some site fees as it's only 2 mile from Jasmin Camping.
Cycled there on Sunday and there was quite a few vans there.
I'm not saying either as Jim's dog is going to get very big.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Camped in a pup tent on Bambrough beach many moons ago !
Pitched in the dark when we awoke we were in the dunes with a large drop at the side!!
Oh to be young in love and drunk again!!!

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Camped in a pup tent on Bambrough beach many moons ago !
Pitched in the dark when we awoke we were in the dunes with a large drop at the side!!
Oh to be young in love and drunk again!!!

Two out of three's not bad!

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We cycled toured western Scotland and some of the islands many years ago.

We pitched our tent on a beach on Iona. Perfect weather, perfect place. Will never forget.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Chez Moi, for 5 nights this July. That's the N coast of Arran in the background. The tent (green one) is way too small for a 57 year old, so I'm selling it :)

Broken Link Removed

As for camper vanning - I've driven the old VW and the last MH on Black Rock Sands in N Wales and parked for picnics but wouldn't wish to overnight there. There's an aire near Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer in the Camargue where you park on the sand. Didn't try it on the last visit but one day maybe.

On one MH visit to Black Rock Sands our youngest was doing an AS Level film making project, and we set the camera up in the hab door for a shot where her friend was strolling along the beach with the wind in her hair and I was driving at walking pace alongside her. Quite expensive kit for a tracking shot when you think about it.

Last edited:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
110.jpg

Ampolla beach just before the delta
And years back
9.jpg

On the way to Spain .
Port Bacares Fr just off the main square (honest we weren't camping ):whistle: the local gendarme ,who the kids nicknamed TinTin used to sit in a chair with us have a ciggy and a brew then go back on his merry way .
Happy days

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back