Have you booked a Site yet ?? Shielding ?? (1 Viewer)

Have you booked a site yet

• No...Shielding Covid19

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Yes..Shielding Covid19

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • No .. No problem

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Yes...No problem

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • No... Too early

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Many camp sites opening on 14th July , have you booked and is opening too early or late.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
We have decided not to rush things. Hil went out today for the first time since early March. We expect sites to be very busy from whenever they open until children should be back in school in September and we are thinking about trying to arrange something for September/October. Otherwise this will have been a dead year and so we are making plans for extended time(s) away in 2021.

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
I have booked 2 sites for Aug/Sep.If the R rate has plummeted in all areas no problem. But with ever increasing numbers visiting the South West we here might have a serious spike. Only 3 main hospitals for Devon and Cornwall.Lets hope for the best scenario :cool:

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Now I’m getting jealous :sick:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Booked 2 weekends in July, August BH Weekend and a week in September. All C&MC sites. Will use MH facilities as we would on a CL or Aire. For the weekends we will take all our food and for the week away will hopefully only need to shop once, if that, while away.

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
we should be at Ladram Bay, Devon on the 13th July, (booked from last year, year in year out) I've been in contact with the camp they will be open on the 4th July, the shop and fish/chip will be open but ALL other facilities will be closed (including washing/toilet at present) but we've got all that in the moho, and the pitch has leccy, fresh water and waste drainage, so pack the masks and gloves and off we go

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Shielding until when?
I understand the principle & why people 'shield' but I don't understand what will change between now & some time in the future to make going out less risky.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I am shielding and not sure so haven’t booked anything yet , sort of a mental blockage is it safe :doh:

Same here. Had a risky trip to the hospital yesterday - at the time it was thought to be an emergency but after 8 hours in a room in A&E with one blood test (positive) and then a lot of headless chicken impressions by the staff no further tests and I was sent home with no diagnosis, no advice and no treatment :( Now waiting for GP to phone with suggestions.

Shielding until when?

31 July at the earliest.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
31 July at the earliest.
Is that because of treatment you're receiving [I think you've mentioned it before] rather than external risks changing?

My sister & BIL are in the at risk category [age/underlying condition] so are very cautious... but unfortunately I can't see the risk factor changing and/or treatment availability any time soon.
I just don't know what will persuade them not to spend the rest of their lives locked up.
They have a Cotswolds walking holiday [individual, not group] booked for September which they doubt they'll go on.

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Same here. Had a risky trip to the hospital yesterday - at the time it was thought to be an emergency but after 8 hours in a room in A&E with one blood test (positive) and then a lot of headless chicken impressions by the staff no further tests and I was sent home with no diagnosis, no advice and no treatment :( Now waiting for GP to phone with suggestions.

31 July at the earliest.

It has been necessary for us to do a weekly 40 mile round trip to deliver food to our son and his wife, both with learning difficulties.
We get online food deliveries enough to cover for them but even to get in the car from a safe location to a safe location I feel so nervous.
I think as the days go by I will figure a safe way to have a few days away in the mohome , it is after all a self contained home.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Is that because of treatment you're receiving [I think you've mentioned it before] rather than external risks changing?

Because of a pre-existing condition.

The GP has been in touch today and arranged an emergency prescription which the hospital should have done yesterday ........ more blood tests tomorrow at the GP surgery (again these should have been done at the hospital - I suggested and was told it was not necessary).

I'm hoping they will also do a full blood count but it is hope rather than expectation.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009

31 July at the earliest.
Take care 🌈❤️

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
A campsite we've used a few times in Cornwall told me today they are hoping to open on 4th July. I don't think we'll go that weekend but later the next week looks attractive, assuming the weather forecast is reasonable for some coastal walking. :)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Our friends, who we havent seen since last November. Booked for all of us on a C-L. bags of room to space out, from the 6th July for 4 nights. We are managing the S-D but hopefully it won`t be that necessary. They like us have been in full lockdown, I guess it will, weather permitting, involve a lot of sitting outside. Fingers crossed for a Sunny week!.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Just booked for two nights on a beach site not too far away. No shop, no pub, just me, wife and dog.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back