have you all seen this three offer (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
following my last thread about data sims i have now come accross this offer from my memory, 3000 mins 3000 texts all you can eat data that tethers for one month payg £24.99,
cheaper than the 12gb data sim but alyce but only for a month but thats all we want anyway.
can anyone see a flaw in this?

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
well i have ordered one now hope it doesnt start till you put it in as i dont want it till our tour next month , but cant see any other drawback with it as we useually have the 12 gb data sim that lasts for a year but we always end up useing it before the end of the month , this one has unlimited data plus calls and texts for the same money but for only one month, but in answer to my other thread this one is bound to work in an old phone as it has calls on it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It is for phone only, will not work in MiFi or iPad I bought one for our trip this year thought it was too good to be true and it was o_O

But if it is for your phone it’s good (y)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
There are some good deals out there at the moment.

I just got my daughter a sim only deal with O2. Unlimited calls and texts and 30 GB of data. £25 a month but I got a 30% discount because I have some other phones and tablets with them.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
My Grandaughter has a SIM only deal with 3. 100 gig unlimited calls and texts £18. My Son has u limited everything £18 à month. I have 12g 600 mins and unlimited texts for £9 per month.

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Be careful with Three WRT tethering abroad. Unless they have changed in the last 6 weeks, they don't allow it.

Hence I changed to Vodafone who do and it has worked very well do far.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Ive just renewed a contract with Three and they have offered me 40GB data only for their Mifi for £14 per month.(y)

Yes Canopus, they upgraded me to that as well,,, and of course with the go binge, no data usage for watching Netflix,,, ( 5.99 for a monthly sub). I thought it was a great deal!!

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
With regard to 3 all contracts have data limits for out with the U.K. Maximum offered I think is 13gb for anyone on unlimited and above 20gb contracts but best check as I’m not 100% on which packages offer which overseas limits.

You can now tether with the new contracts.

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Snags with 3 are: you can only use up to 12 GBytes in total for roaming and (from our experience in France and Spain) the partner Teleco arrangements they have are restricted to 3G, even when the same Teleco locally offers its own customers 4G. If 3G meets your needs that is just fine but don't expect 4G. I also have a suspicion that you may find you can not tether when roaming with a 3 Network PAYG SIM in a mobilephone.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It is for phone only, will not work in MiFi or iPad I bought one for our trip this year thought it was too good to be true and it was o_O

Well I take it all on board but I have read as much as I can find on this one and as I said in my previous thread it is for a phone as I have lost my mifi thingy and trying this in an old 4g smartphone was looking at putting a data only SIM in but this one looks better suited to the job and in the FAQs about it it says you can use 30 GB abroad if you are on all you can eat and also tether, looks a no brainer for what I want but will probably be no good knowing my luck.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

Is this perculiar to Three as my Plusnet (EE) phone SIM works in my MiFi

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
3 had their chance with us, only 3g NO tethering unless you cough to £5 a day (sic) dumped them and have ee & Voda much improved service imho.. and dare I say UK call centres.

New deals with ee & voda very competitive if you keep an eye out.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
There must be a data limit on tethering or everyone would have one just for that purpose.

Three will lose a fortune if half a dozen other devices are tethered to their sim for a month recurring.

The month unlimited will be on the phone with the sim installed only.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Last year I came unstuck in Spain and was charged for exceeding the 12gb limit, my contact was 20gb month costing £19. Contract period was up in October so went into 3 shop to see what they would offer me over the Xmas period when they had sale on. I was offered 40gb for £20 per month, explained this did not get me more than 12 go when abroad. Manager was called and I explained it all again. He then offered me 2 x 20 gb contracts for £10 each plus a one off £9.99 cost for an additional mifi not negotiable well pleased so took the deal and was given 2 new mifis. If anyone wants a cheap mifi and is going to Malvern let me know. So I now have 24gb when abroad which is 6 months of the year. If only 3 had decent coverage at home I would bin but broadband.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Well I take it all on board but I have read as much as I can find on this one and as I said in my previous thread it is for a phone as I have lost my mifi thingy and trying this in an old 4g smartphone was looking at putting a data only SIM in but this one looks better suited to the job and in the FAQs about it it says you can use 30 GB abroad if you are on all you can eat and also tether, looks a no brainer for what I want but will probably be no good knowing my luck.
Have you checked your old phone unlocked? Or was it a 3 phone?

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
We are on Three both phone and data only Mifi and can tether in any 'home' country in EU plus Norway and Switzerland. Not sure about Australia and NZ as we haven't been since EU roaming charges came off. But expect not. No bother. Local sims are cheap.

Aug 15, 2018
Poynton, East Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I constantly tour in the UK and Ireland. Can anybody tell me what Three’s data coverage is like as I’m thinking about getting a new MiFi device.

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol

not long back from France and believe me no matter what package you have their is a fair use policy. This policy is 13gb and 12gb for payg I know this because I was unable to watch the European final because of it. It's a long story I won't bore you with but I received £75 compensation and a free month on 2 phones. You can't even get around it by buying another package or any other way is 13gb max.

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI...=roaming,varset_subcat=4157,Case=Ext(EM38751)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
not long back from France and believe me no matter what package you have their is a fair use policy. This policy is 13gb and 12gb for payg I know this because I was unable to watch the European final because of it. It's a long story I won't bore you with but I received £75 compensation and a free month on 2 phones. You can't even get around it by buying another package or any other way is 13gb max.

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI...=roaming,varset_subcat=4157,Case=Ext(EM38751)
yes mate , i have seen that but this sim is the same price as the 12 gb data sim that you need a mifi to use , this one hopefully will work in my old phone and even has calls on it and all though its all you can eat data , as long as it does 12 gb that will do.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I constantly tour in the UK and Ireland. Can anybody tell me what Three’s data coverage is like as I’m thinking about getting a new MiFi device.

I cannot be without data so have a number of data cards and dongles . I find that Three's coverage is the best wherever I am. And the bonus is at my home I can regularly get a 50 to 70 mb connection on three. Almost twice as fast as my landline broadband.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
well i have ordered one now hope it doesnt start till you put it in as i dont want it till our tour next month , but cant see any other drawback with it as we useually have the 12 gb data sim that lasts for a year but we always end up useing it before the end of the month , this one has unlimited data plus calls and texts for the same money but for only one month, but in answer to my other thread this one is bound to work in an old phone as it has calls on it.
I think you'l find it started the day you bought it as that's what usually happens with all contract ones, even 30 day 'rolling' ones - the only ones I'm aware of that don't are the pre-loaded ones for use over a period of time. Could be an expensive purchase ... :( Also you normally have to give 30 days notice so if you haven't you're gonna be liable for another month anyway. :eek:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I think you'l find it started the day you bought it as that's what usually happens with all contract ones, even 30 day 'rolling' ones - the only ones I'm aware of that don't are the pre-loaded ones for use over a period of time. Could be an expensive purchase ... :( Also you normally have to give 30 days notice so if you haven't you're gonna be liable for another month anyway. :eek:
this is pay and go , no contract rolling or otherwise

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back