Have I Lost my Sense of Adventure? (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Did you get to do your Scuba diving and the hang gliding?
Phil.

I am afraid not Risky... I was too heavy for the trial tandem hang gliding flight :)Blush:) and despite swimming most days in the warm weather (in a pool) I am no longer a very strong swimmer!

Never mind... done lots of other things though... :winky:

JJ :Cool:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Thanks for that Veevee...

I haven't "turned off" my life... rather, I am making use of the rest of it doing stuff I really want to do and know I like doing... not chancing my arm at stuff I might not enjoy...

but I do spend a lot of time[HI] "thinking"[/HI] these days :winky: :ROFLMAO:

Hmmm... "Thinking"....... now that can be dangerous......:winky::winky:

Risky R

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Delica
Exp
I am afraid not Risky... I was too heavy for the trial tandem hang gliding flight :)Blush:) and despite swimming most days in the warm weather (in a pool) I am no longer a very strong swimmer!

Never mind... done lots of other things though... :winky:

Scuba is so much easier than swimming. Swimming you are possibly trying to stay afloat, scuba is all about under the water (obviously) so therefore in reality you don't even need to be able to swim.
I've taught plenty of weak swimmers and their fear of the water just goes whilst diving....easy peasy. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I really appreciate your helpful, supportive encouragement Ricky... I really do...

Never ever been afraid of water but my body is in a pretty poor shape these days... kicking my legs behind me with those flipper thingies on would bring on cramp and a few swimming stokes using my arms would have me needing the rest of the day off... :ROFLMAO:

My arms are currently stiff and sore from operating a follow-spot for and hour and a half last night!

Of course I could change my diet... get on a fitness programme and, with hard work, effort and persistence, put these things right... or I could just go for more lie downs...

I struggle with these types of decisions every day! :winky:

Risky R

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Delica
Exp
I really appreciate your helpful, supportive encouragement Ricky... I really do...

Never ever been afraid of water but my body is in a pretty poor shape these days... kicking my legs behind me with those flipper thingies on would bring on cramp and a few swimming stokes using my arms would have me needing the rest of the day off... :ROFLMAO:

My arms are currently stiff and sore from operating a follow-spot for and hour and a half last night!

Of course I could change my diet... get on a fitness programme and, with hard work, effort and persistence, put these things right... or I could just go for more lie downs...

I struggle with these types of decisions every day! :winky:

It's a hard life ::bigsmile: Enjoy the lay downs and just watch the blue planet on TV, job done!!:winky:
Here you go...my old "workplace" in Egypt.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WixAWywPq2U&feature=related[/ame]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back