Free Member
Mar 18, 2015
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
8years
We've just taken delivery of a new Esprit T 7090, but last years model. A couple things that I'm curious about, the first being the bathroom at the rear has a window, but no blind or screen. I'm not wanting to give fellow travellers a shock, but I find it a bit strange that there is nothing there. Is it missing, or is it that Dethleffs don't think it's necessary? Secondly, I note that the switch operating the Thule step has a blank plate, which when removed, reveals two taped off wires. This is at the side of the 'stairwell'. Would anybody be able to tell me what was there? I'd like to have an idea, before I ask the dealer. Thanks

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
My rear bathroom on a 7014 has opaque plastic, no blind.
Is the switch a double, one blanked off and one operating step. Could be prewired for awning light.
Congratulations on buying a dethleffs, great van, try Dethleffs owners club, very help full contact

OP
OP
M

Mike24150

Free Member
Mar 18, 2015
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
8years
Thanks for all the quick replies, is nobody working or are we all the silver haired brigade. The awning light makes sense, I think, because they put an awning on, and rather than move the light below it, it was easier to dispense with the light and blank off the switch. So now I've just realised I've no awning light. How irritating. Thanks again

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Blond haired no grey but well retired

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we had a Pilote with an opaque toilet window and no blind that Bev hated, she put a piece of cardboard in window every night we were away and we ended up leaving it in all the time as we also had a skylight

OP
OP
M

Mike24150

Free Member
Mar 18, 2015
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
8years
Problem of the switch solved. It's one switch of a two way, which switches a pair of spotlights above the opening. The dealer quickly sent me the replacement switch . However, he couldn't understand how the original was removed (4 screws), the three wires taped up, and a blanking disk put in. But hey don't take bits off new MHs. Curious, and thanks for all the responses. As for the rear window, without the blind, it could be the card,Bev. Now what logo.....?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back