Have I got a Truma iNet box ? (1 Viewer)

Jun 20, 2021
UK
Funster No
MH
Semi integrated
Hi All

I am new to modern motorhomes having previously had a 1972 VW over 30 yrs ago
I bought it second hand and am still discovering its capabilities
It has a Truma iNet capable control panel - I can see no sign of the iNet box in the various cupboards and nooks and crannies. The suppling dealer never mentioned it
The odd thing is if I open my android bluetooth settings do a search for bluetooth devices a device called Truma app turns up ?
From what I have read the inet box connects by cable to heater and another cable to the inet control panel
When I go through the control panel extras there is no inet devise listed
So where or what would be broadcasting as Truma app in the van
I have parked in the middle of nowhere to ensure no other signals from other vans and this Truma app still shows up (along with a couple of other pings (1 of which I know what it is) (TomTom Curfer) the other still to work out but has a indecipherable name)
So for the moment would a inet box give off the bluetooth name Truma App ?
Van is a Carado T447

Any help much appreciated - I will be also contacting Truma

Thanks

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi, It might be hidden behind the control panel, thats where one of my friends is hidden.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Ours is next to the main hab fuse box under the dinette seat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
My iNet box shows up on my phone and pad bluetooth list as “iNet Box” not as “Truma app”.

The inet box has to be plugged into either the control panel or the boiler (assuming you do not have air con as well). If there is only one phone wire type plug into the control panel and only one phone wire type plug into the boiler then this is likely to be the control panel to boiler connection. If one or other of them has a second phone type wire plugged in then you might have an iNet box.

OP
OP
C
Jun 20, 2021
UK
Funster No
MH
Semi integrated
Thanks all for the replies
I think I can answer my own question
I use an android tablet in the van as sat nav and media - this picked up the Truma app on the bluetooth device list
I used my work android phone and also saw the truma app bluetooth device
I then downloaded lightblue which allows you to locate bluetooth LE transmitters
The culprit turned out to be my iphone !! I had previously downloaded the Truma inet app on the phone and had opened up the pairing process - as i could not find the inet device I closed the app down
Some how the iphone was broadcast a Truma app bluetooth signal - As I moved the iPhone close to the Lightspeed app running on my android phone the Truma app signal got stronger. I turned off iPhone bluetooth and the Truma app listing on both android devices disappeared
My conclusion is I probably do not have the inet fitted - I have deleted the app from my iPhone :)

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Hope that as you have sorted quite a complicated problem for some of us techno phobs.
Hopefully you stick with the forum to help some of us luddites.
:welcome4:from Merseyside by the way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C
Jun 20, 2021
UK
Funster No
MH
Semi integrated
I intend to stick around
BTW that Lightblue app which searches for LE Bluetooth signals
Its quite a shock to see how many bluetooth devices that are pinging all around you

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back