Have I damaged my motorhome? (1 Viewer)

Greame.M

Free Member
Feb 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Swift 590
I have just found out what the pressure gauge at the rear of my van is. The chap I bought it off didn't say or mention that it has air ride suspension and that I have driven 300 miles with both taps in the off position. Would I have damaged it as I don't even know if it works or not?

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
The Dunlop ones that I fitted say that you should have at least 0.5 bar in as a minimum. You need to put in some air and if you hear a hissing sound then you will have your answer.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I have just found out what the pressure gauge at the rear of my van is. The chap I bought it off didn't say or mention that it has air ride suspension and that I have driven 300 miles with both taps in the off position. Would I have damaged it as I don't even know if it works or not?
unless the airbags are empty, then no problem. Try adding air to each bag about 5psi at a time and test drive. You will feel the difference in body roll on cornering and being passed by coaches/hgv

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Greame.M

Greame.M

Free Member
Feb 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Swift 590
Thanks all 😁 the blurb on a sheet of paper says to leave both taps open when driving and to close taps to level the MH. Does that sound about right🤔 maybe that's why I was having a rough time with gusts of wing and cornering😯

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Depending on your set up, if leaving both taps open when driving means they are connected the air will flow away from the side under load when cornering. You don’t say if you have an onboard compresso. If you remove all the loose gear from your van empty water and waste etc. let the air out of the bags, measure the height from the rear jacking points to the ground. Reload the van as if you were going for a big holiday. Fill the fresh water tank. Then pump the bags back up to the measured height, add half a bar to each (7.5 psi) you should be somewhere near it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Greame.M

Greame.M

Free Member
Feb 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Swift 590
Depending on your set up, if leaving both taps open when driving means they are connected the air will flow away from the side under load when cornering. You don’t say if you have an onboard compresso. If you remove all the loose gear from your van empty water and waste etc. let the air out of the bags, measure the height from the rear jacking points to the ground. Reload the van as if you were going for a big holiday. Fill the fresh water tank. Then pump the bags back up to the measured height, add half a bar to each (7.5 psi) you should be somewhere near it.
Thanks Bessy765 I'll have a look at tomorrow

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back