Have Elite Motorhomes lost their Carthago agency? (1 Viewer)

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Just seen on the Carthago Facebook page that Elite in Banbury have lost or given up their Carthago agency, for what reason I don't know. If true, where would it leave those like myself who have bought new Carthagos from them recently, with warranty work, servicing and general help? I have found Elite a pleasure to deal with and was looking forward to a long relationship and buying from them again in the fullness of time.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Not sure they ever were "trading partners" of Carthago, but authorised distributors

Best to ring Ross or Paul at Elite, they'll give it to you straight. Could be lots of reasons, probably based on turnover of vehicles or Carthago pricing policies - trying to avoid the discounting market.

Carthago's are great (envy) but they have forgotten their humble origins, and are probably trying to maintain their high list prices

If correct, Elite are not fly by night operators, and you'll be covered.

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
@BobtheBass our rollerteam we had from 3a's m/h sales lost the dealership for them but still could carry out warranty work hope this helps xx lol still lol give us a trout if you need any more help:xThumb::xThumb::xThumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Carthago like most German vans have a pan European warranty you can take your van to any Carthago dealer in Europe for warranty work. If you get any greif with a UK dealer have a word with George at the Carthago Club he will sort them out.:)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
According to Carthago Owners UK, Elite no longer have sales of Carthago, but will provide service only for existing customers.

Link Removed

OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
According to Carthago Owners UK, Elite no longer have sales of Carthago, but will provide service only for existing customers.

Link Removed
That's all I have been able to find out myself. I have emailed Carthago direct for their comments but as expected haven't had any reply. Haven't spoken to Elite yet as to be honest I am a bit peeved that they seem to have known since the summer that they weren't going to sell any 2017 vans but haven't bothered to let us customers know that things are changing. I understand that when a dealer ceases to sell a manufacturers van the probability is that they will no longer have any priority for spare parts etc., so it would be naive to think nothing will change.

OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I have just had a reply from Carthago themselves about the position with Elite.

They say they are no longer trading partners of theirs (they will not be selling Carthago vans after the current stock has all gone) but will remain as service partners until 31st October 2018. Vehicles can be serviced and warranty repairs undertaken until then, but after that owners will have to find another trading partner to use.

That's the end then of what I, and possibly a few other happy Carthago owners had hoped would be an enduring relationship with a decent dealer. I certainly won't be replacing mine with anything else Elite sell in the future. Poo!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back