Have Bailey missed a trick ? (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
We were thinking of changing to a slightly smaller motorhome with a similar layout to our present one and so were having a look at what is available.
The new Bailey Adamo 75-4I seemed to fit the bill, so I started making enquiries.
Long story short. My first question was what is the towing capacity.
This was on my email list of questions to dealers and I was surprised to receive a phone call about 15 minutes after it was sent.
The dealer said that he had phoned me because he needed to be clear that towing was important for a deal to go ahead.
I said it was.
He then said that they had been told by Bailey that it is not possible to fit a tow bar to this vehicle, so there was no point in answering my other questions.
So no new Bailey for us.
I know they do other models that can be fitted with towbars, but this is the one we wanted.

The only thing I can think of to prevent them being fitted is that Bailey have fitted chassis extensions to the Ford chassis to accommodate the rear overhang.

The daft thing is that it could have saved us money, as we have now decided to keep the one we have until either it or me drop to bits.
It's now 10 years old and I am 70 years old. Wonder which of us will give up first !!!!!!

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We were thinking of changing to a slightly smaller motorhome with a similar layout to our present one and so were having a look at what is available.
The new Bailey Adamo 75-4I seemed to fit the bill, so I started making enquiries.
This was on my email list of questions to dealers and I was surprised to receive a phone call about 15 minutes after it was sent.
The dealer said that he had phoned me because he needed to be clear that towing was important for a deal to go ahead.
I said it was.
He then said that they had been told by Bailey that it is not possible to fit a tow bar to this vehicle, so there was no point in answering my other questions.
So no new Bailey for us.
I know they do other models that can be fitted with towbars, but this is the one we wanted.

The only thing I can think of to prevent them being fitted is that Bailey have fitted chassis extensions to the Ford chassis to accommodate the rear overhang.

The daft thing is that it could have saved us money, as we have now decided to keep the one we have until either it or me drop to bits.
It's now 10 years old and I am 70 years old. Wonder which of us will give up first !!!!!!

Well I'll get in first ahead of the AT decriers!:rolleyes:
Obviously, it'll be the motorhome that'll fall to bits first! :whistle2:

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
I said it was.
So no new Bailey for us.

How about Roller Team Zefiro 696
Same length
Same Transit Cab
Same Layout
can tow 1500 kg
Better spec( my opinion only)

and £10,000 CHEAPER

OP
OP
knokinonabit
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
How about Roller Team Zefiro 696
Same length
Same Transit Cab
Same Layout
can tow 1500 kg
Better spec( my opinion only)

and £10,000 CHEAPER
I have had a look at it but it doesn't do it for me I'm afraid.
One of the things that I don't fancy is the shower in the bedroom.
There are lots of other things that put me off it as well, so I'm afraid it's a non-starter.

Thanks for the info though. (y)

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
I said it was.
So no new Bailey for us.

I don’t think 10 years old for a MH is old,,as for yourself, I’d say you’re doing fine,just keep smiling,,that’s all we can do(y)(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
In the Bailey brochure it say's a Autographs towing limit 2000Kg. So many anomalies in the Bailey brochure one has to double and triple check what's written. I found this out recently.

OP
OP
knokinonabit
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
To be fair to the salesman he did say the Autograph could tow 2t, but unfortunately I don’t want an Autograph.
There’s no pleasing some people is there

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
chausson
The simple answer it that the Autograph is on a different chassis and the Adamo/Ford, has not been homologated for towing. I had the exact same issue when looking for a Skoda Kodiaq, some are, some are not homologated for towing even though the range uses exactly the same body/chassis. To add insult to injury (not in my case as I got an ex demo with a factory fit) Skoda would void the warranty if an after sales tow bar was fitted by an independent fitter!

OP
OP
knokinonabit
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Thanks for the info.
I have relatives who work in the towbar industry so I understand how it works. Bailey have missed a trick by not homologating it as I won’t be buying one

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back