Have a good look before washing (1 Viewer)

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Today I valeted a Burster that had been parked next to the owners garage, on inspection I noticed a lot of grit like substance down one side of the van. The owner told me this was from the tiles on garage roof "been up there eight years and still the stuff comes off" he said. The point of me posting is to warn anyone who is going to clean their van to be aware that if not washed off with plenty of water or better still snowfoam it could be the same as cleaning your van with Vim :eek:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
That's right, I always wash down with a hose and brush before cleaning. Problem we have is soot smuts from coal fires and ash from log burners, the ash can stain the GRP.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Our neighbour has a felt covered lean to the other side of the fence from where our van is parked. Normally it is no bother because it has a gutter to catch any run off but in heavy rain we can get a bit of splashing in small areas. I deal with them as with heavy bird lime, by spot cleaning before dealing with the van as a whole.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

perfectionist

Free Member
May 23, 2016
surrey
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
Before washing i always circle the van looking for paint defects,normally you find on edges at the bottom of windscreen or sometimes on the bonnets ,roofs.ect

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back