Hats ! but what one is the best? (1 Viewer)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I work outside and have always got a hat on.
Wooly beanie in winter.(keep warm)

Baseball cap in the summer ( keep sun out of my eyes )
But I want to keep the sun off my ears and out of my eyes so been trying out bucket hats ..still sweat dripping down my forehead into my eyes..

Is there a hat anyone can recommend that keeps your head cool...sun out of eyes...sun off ears and not to cowboy 🤠 ?

Nowt wrong with a cowboy hat. I have about 15 different ones. Heavyweight.. Winter and lightweight for Summer. .

.... and if you are male they make you look sexy like Clint Eastwood. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Nowt wrong with a cowboy hat. I have about 15 different ones. Heavyweight.. Winter and lightweight for Summer. .

Wow,maybe I’ll get one of those too……but where should I hang it?! :ROFLMAO: ;)

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
. and if you are male they make you look sexy like Clint Eastwood. :)
WARNING ------------------ Results not guaranteed :rofl: :rofl:
ugly.jpg

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
It’s a Tilley from me, I have one around 15 years old for playing golf in, a Winter Tilley for playing golf in Winter and an newer one that lives in the van. The new one was a free replacement, apart from postage , for one that got a bit frayed in one place and replaced under their warranty.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Wow 70 quid !..I'd be in so much shit if come home with one of those...
never hear the last of it if i didn't wear it everyday all day..
But I think Go outdoors sell them so could go and take a look ..and drop a hint.👍🏼
but it will last you 40-ish years or longer and still look good. Bearing in mind people rarely need to buy more than one, they are priced sensibly!

Nov 27, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
I work outside too and this time of year, (if sun is shinning) I wear a cheap straw hat bought in Spain for a couple of Euros a few years back, wide brimmed and lets the air pass through. Not saying I look good in it but it works for me.

Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
I work outside too and this time of year, (if sun is shinning) I wear a cheap straw hat bought in Spain for a couple of Euros a few years back, wide brimmed and lets the air pass through. Not saying I look good in it but it works for me.
I have had a Tilley for about 10 years but if I were to start again then this is what I would go for...light, cool and cheap. Looks good too if you can carry it off!

May 28, 2021
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
I've, got one of those Vietnamese pointed straw hats. They look stupid but the head keeps cool as hat isn't touching the head. Fits big heads too

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie

I would need ore than a hat to give any improvement . Full body sack maybe😄

Ray's Scout

Free Member
Jan 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Scout
About 6 years ago now I bought a kangaroo leather hat (I really don't look good in baseball caps!). It is affectionately referred to as my "Indy hat". Does look slightly amusing but its bloody brilliant! Bought from Decathlon.
I have both a Ozy leather waterproof bush hat (cowboy style) don't care what others think I love it. and the Ozy light weight one for really hot days both are superb, My base ball caps are just bad dress sense I have on to match what ever I wear but as I said , I don't care what others think. hahaha

Yorkie Steve

Free Member
May 18, 2018
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner T740
Exp
Since 2018
I have had quite a few hats over recent years and liked the M&S ones but found they didn’t hold their shape, so I bought a Tilley hat, it was great, comfortable, a good fit and keeps it’s shape. As mentioned previously Go Outdoors sell them so you can try them for size and see which colour and type you like best. The vented ones do keep you cool in the sun and have ‘ties’ if it’s windy to keep it on, even if it’s very windy it’s safe to wear. I have bought two more since then, one to keep in the motorhome so we don’t go away without it and one with a very wide brim which keep the sun off your neck, would definitely recommend.

Feb 21, 2021
Falkirk Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 2021
Agreed, I purchased the Tilley Endurable T3 Traditional Canvas Hat. Best and most comfortable I have ever owned. Look after it and it will do you forever.

Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Apache
Exp
3 years previously and now returning with new MH
I have several Tilley hats but find them quite hot when working. Straw hats are much cooler to wear when active.

Aug 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
That's it, you've convinced me, I want one or two or even maybe three now.......... Off to "go Outdoors'

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
As Fashions go that's about as coo looking as a Mullets but then again what do I know, it may suit some people
they are very popular for those that want to keep sun off the neck, but maybe not so popular with the fasionistas :)

and whats wrong with Mullets might I ask :roflmto:

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Wow 70 quid !..I'd be in so much shit if come home with one of those...
never hear the last of it if i didn't wear it everyday all day..
But I think Go outdoors sell them so could go and take a look ..and drop a hint.👍🏼
I don't have a Tilly but he wife does and she swears by them, also if you looking for something to help stop skin cancer then its cheap at the price. I use a Gortex broad brimmed hat at the moment, when the weather is hot and sunny I soak it in water and it helps keep me cooler for a while it also just screws up so I can place it in my pocket when not wearing it

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
they are very popular for those that want to keep sun off the neck, but maybe not so popular with the fasionistas :)

and whats wrong with Mullets might I ask :roflmto:
There is nothing wrong with a Mullet its just I suspect they were fashionable at one moment in time like a gold chain and an open shirt I hear.

Seriously though your right anything that helps provide sun protection is good

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
You tend to get what you pay for. Tilley will even replace one for free, should it get eaten by an elephant.
A cheaper solution is to tie a knot in each corner of your handkerchief. Wet it occasionally if really hot.

Apr 26, 2016
Preston
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Only need to buy one Tilley as when it wears they replace them free of charge. A mate of mine and his wife are on their third after about forty years. Moral of the story buy them when your young to get your monies worth.😂

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back