Has the sun "gone to sleep ...?" (1 Viewer)

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
We should at the moment be experiencing a peak in solar activity, based on the sun's 11-year cycle, but scientists are said to be baffled as to why the sun is so 'quiet.' It seems it is an extremely rare event and they are comparing it to the "Maunder minimum" of the 17th/18th century, when the Thames froze over and which also coincided with the onset of the "mini ice-age"........:Eeek:

Very interesting analysis...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-25771510

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
my fault

Blame me, I am in Durness hoping for a Northern Light sighting, slim chance anyway, looks like zero chance now, just glad we had not paid to go to Norway

It will all kick off the day after we leave

David

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Oh No, and I just bought the mother of all solar kits. :roflmto:

Lordy.....

Trikeman. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
We should at the moment be experiencing a peak in solar activity, based on the sun's 11-year cycle, but scientists are said to be baffled as to why the sun is so 'quiet.' It seems it is an extremely rare event and they are comparing it to the "Maunder minimum" of the 17th/18th century, when the Thames froze over and which also coincided with the onset of the "mini ice-age"........:Eeek:

Very interesting analysis...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-25771510

It seems to be down in Australia, i heard today they are experiencing 44c of heat,as for northern light show we have not seen any since a week before Christmas,very strange indeed for up here:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back