Has The ACSI Card Had Its Day (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
When using ACSI out of season we have (usually) been allowed to chose our own pitch, in France.

Only occasionally have we been told to use a specific pitch and, on the one occasion that we didn’t like it, we were allowed to move to a different pitch.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Villasol is 19euros including 4kw electric, without ACSI you need to stay over 30 days to get the 19euro rate and that does not include any electric so we've more than covered the cost of the book already.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have no real need of EHU but have it if its going free or in the ACSI price as it saves a bit of gas. Certainly wouldn't ever pay for EHU. The included dog on ACSI is good, though we have two dogs we have often not been charged for the second one.
ACSI has certainly saved us a lot over the years and as we usually avoid coastal sites we don't have a problem with full sites.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
will be trying to book a pitch at a popular site, tomorrow, just realised we are hoping to be there over Easter!! wouldn't usually, but meeting up with friends.

Good luck over the Easter period, some sites can get a tad full and a tad noisy, I believe, helps if you speak a little Spanish. Worth knowing some basic sentences like......Please don't kick your ball against my Hymer, it cost a fortune....and I know its only 4am but don't you guys ever sleep.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I hope not as I've only just ordered one for the first time!

I had intended to just turn up in France and Spain (and curiously doing the NC500 there are two good sites too). Is the collective view that it is better to book ahead explaining that I have an ACSI card?
Depends the time of year,,Spain and Portugal always busy dec,jan.feb and into march,,,Forget Aug,,its rammed.BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
We left home on Jan 3 arriving in Spain 2 days later. Luckily ran ahead of the snow and on into Portugal. None of the sites we have stayed on have been anything like busy but we are on the W coast not the Algarve.

The only busy place was the aire in Nazare, scarcely room for the proverbial fag paper between the MHs (mostly Portuguese) but afaik it is free so it must be worth it, mustn't it?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We found the popular aires were very busy but you didn't have to go far inland to find plenty of room.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Possibly apart from Cost blanca /de sol 3-4 years ago they'd be lucky in most places to be half full .
It appears only to be the sheer amount of French, warned off Morocco the last 3 years, that are around & you never used to see them before except for carnival.

Apparently 30,000 French pensioners still go to Morocco for the winter in their camping cars.

http://forum.campingcar-infos.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=87612

In the second post there is a link to a TV news feature on this. Filmed mainly at a campsite close to Agadir and in the local area. Worth watching although you need to understand French to get the full benefit. It looked like a French equivalent of Benidorm. :D2

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Will still carry on using ACSI and buy it annually. However over recent years we've noticed that more sites are charging the tourist tax. This year more are charging for electric. In spain at the moment and on two sites we've been charged for electric when we hardly used any. The Impervivm site at Villajoyosa charged us when we only boiled a kettle twice a day. I'm not in any deep despair over this but it just seems to be a gradual sneaking move to higher prices.

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
I looked up an acsi card site in uk today 19 Euro but by using campsite website 13 pounds 50 p?

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
we never use aires and only use campsites, never had an issue with the ACSi card, always been leave the card at reception, go and choose pitch and pay at the end and get you card returned

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Just got my money back a few times over with one stop in UK. Cofton in Dawlish have a ‘high season’ starting in June. Booked five nights with ACSI at virtually half price. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
The price has gone up as well. When we first got Acsi most sites were no more than 13 euros. Now they are usually 19. If you stay more than a couple of nights many sites have offers that are cheaper than their Acsi rates. We have just got home from Spain, our last site in Spain offered to compare the acsi cost with their non acsi cheapest rate when we left and charge us whatever was least. In fact there was almost no difference.

The other change over the years is that more and more sites are simply full! We never used to book and always got in. Now we sometimes cannot. There are too many people with motorhomes!!!!
I am on Costa Brava and this site has been full 3 nights on the trot. The big camper stop next door is also packed. Mainly French..wish they would go back to touring Morocco..Busby.

Jun 18, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
Grandad's Camper-CPC
Exp
Since 2012
Will still carry on using ACSI and buy it annually. However over recent years we've noticed that more sites are charging the tourist tax. This year more are charging for electric. In spain at the moment and on two sites we've been charged for electric when we hardly used any. The Impervivm site at Villajoyosa charged us when we only boiled a kettle twice a day. I'm not in any deep despair over this but it just seems to be a gradual sneaking move to higher prices.

@Parrot Face , You should inform ACSI of this site's practices. They state in their rules
Electricity: connection of max. 6A.
Consumption to a max. of 4 kWh per day

I have never come across this charge and I just hope this site are the singular exception.

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Currently in Croatia where ACSI is almost an irrelevance but we saved some on way down and hopefully on way back. Sites here definitely busier than 2 years ago and this won't further ACSI position.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back