Has Gromett been head hunted into his dream job..... (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
Wishing Her Majesty no disrespect, but I can't get out of my head an image of my mother, who was roughly the same age as her, saying "now tell me again what exactly a Cyber is".

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Nah cant believe that:)

That was The Big One but I'm sure there were others, Inland Revenue ? DVLA ?

How do you spend £12B on computers ? Where did all the hardware go ?

They'd get a good workstation PC for £200, so £1B would buy 5 million of them. They have only about 1.5M employees and I doubt half of then need their own work station.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
The Queen is to open the new Cyber security HQ today. Hope this will go some way in protecting our national security from attack....
http://www.itv.com/news/2017-02-14/...business-warned-it-is-unprepared-for-attacks/
I am done working for the Public sector sorry. Too much waste and Bureaucracy, very hard to get anything changed or done properly.

I love working for private companies on this stuff. I make a recommendation with a price, within 24 hours I usually receive a "get it done asap" message.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
That was The Big One but I'm sure there were others, Inland Revenue ? DVLA ?

How do you spend £12B on computers ? Where did all the hardware go ?

They'd get a good workstation PC for £200, so £1B would buy 5 million of them. They have only about 1.5M employees and I doubt half of then need their own work station.
I don't think it was even for the hardware. The plan was to develop software that would amalgamate the entire health service. You know it makes sense:) All areas would be able to have all records at their fingertips just a key stroke away.. Disaster happened when they found just what was involved and how much it would eat into the contractors profits.. it would have meant employing proper developers at proper salaries....so they did a runner. How could nobody be taken to task for that huge cock up.:(

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I don't think it was even for the hardware. The plan was to develop software that would amalgamate the entire health service. You know it makes sense:) All areas would be able to have all records at their fingertips just a key stroke away.. Disaster happened when they found just what was involved and how much it would eat into the contractors profits.. it would have meant employing proper developers at proper salaries....so they did a runner. How could nobody be taken to task for that huge cock up.:(
It sort of works, I can log into my local surgery and find out when my Road Tax and MoT is due,
and log into my MoT system to shop at Tesco :doh:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You know it makes sense:) All areas would be able to have all records at their fingertips just a key stroke away.

Sounds quite reasonable. We do it every day on the internet. Security would be an issue. Isn't The Police National Computer just this ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back