Has anyone got an Elddis Aspire? (1 Viewer)

deegee

Free Member
Jun 1, 2011
A forest in India
Funster No
MH
Looking (prev self-build)
Exp
10 years full timing
I've been drooling for a couple of weeks over the Elddis Aspire 240 and 255 models. I've only seen them online and would like to chat to someone who has one. Is there anybody there?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi we dont have one but have and elddis and when in the local dealer last weekend we had a look at the aspire and must so we where very impressed with them totally different from our elddis.

OP
OP
D

deegee

Free Member
Jun 1, 2011
A forest in India
Funster No
MH
Exp
10 years full timing
Hi we dont have one but have and elddis and when in the local dealer last weekend we had a look at the aspire and must so we where very impressed with them totally different from our elddis.

I am having to do my research online until I can return to the UK. Did you look at both the Rear U-lounge (240) and Fixed bed (255) models? Did they feel as spacious as each other? Any other observations?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi yes we looked at both and loved them both. we thought the rear bed one seemed to have loads of room and although it is only classed as a 2 berth due to the side facing seats it did have a pull out bed under them so small double could be made up for friends staying over.

Thought the finnishings where nice and a lot sturdier than the normal elddis and also liked the tile effect in the shower room it seemed to have loads of storage also but as we have a daughter its not for us.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I have no experience of Elddis and know little about them, but I seem to remember a protracted discussion on here a few months ago (might have been on the other MHF) about a member who had put down a deposit on an Aspire, then realized he would have very little spare payload for any extras. Perhaps enough for the two of them, clothes and food as I remember. After a lot of research and haggling, he discovered that a weight upgrade was not an option owing to the limitations of the standard (and only available) chassis, so cancelled his order I think.

OP
OP
D

deegee

Free Member
Jun 1, 2011
A forest in India
Funster No
MH
Exp
10 years full timing
Thank you for your responses.
Actually, there is an upgrade available that substantially increases the payload. But I've yet to find anyone in the country who actually HAS one!
PS: JeanLuc. Can you tell me what the other MHF is please?

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
PS: JeanLuc. Can you tell me what the other MHF is please?
There is another forum, sometimes referred to on here as "The Dark Side". As I understand it, "Fun" sprang from a disagreement with the other forum. Substitute "facts" for "fun" and you will find it. Several "Funsters" are members of both; each forum has its strengths, but "Fun" takes itself much less seriously and is more easy-going about good-natured banter.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

p.s. I have just checked "The Dark Side" and that is where the discussion was. The original poster was looking at an Aspire 215, which had a payload of 240kg and was not capable of upgrade, but he then found that the 240 and 255 could be upgraded by specifying the Peugeot 4000 chassis at a cost of £1,140.

Last edited:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Had a look at the fixed bed one a few weeks ago. Quite impressed. Light and airey and some nice touches/ideas. There were a couple of things we didn't like but as always this is down to personal choice. Inside, above the cab, the finish was white shiney plastic (or something) which looked a bit cheap, and externally dark smoked glass (or something) which was aligned with the windows, looked smart from a distance, but was mounted proud of the van sides (difficult to explain) might be debris collectors and a cleaning problem. Minor points, and perhaps a bit pickey, overall a nice van.

Apr 30, 2008
South Beds
Funster No
Exp
27yrs ish
Elddis Aspire

I also have looked at this range as a replacement for my 2003 Elddis Autostratus RG.
The lack of a decent payload means a No No. as I like a sat dish, solar panel, extra battery etc etc. Some of the dealers also not impressed with the payload. Pity as I thought the Aspire very stylish when I looked them over.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I think the reasons he is discounting is the fact he had them for sale at a higher price as we have seen a few and none as expensive as them before discount.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Hi Gerry looking at the official Eldiss site his prices are about right before discount

Link Removed

Looking at dealers next page discounted right across the range?

Link Removed

Obviously they are not shifting off the forecourt!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Looks like it we have been looking for a new mh thinking of changing end of 2012 so may as well take our time to get it right:ROFLMAO: we like the look of the Hymer b504 seen one 9month old on ebay for £50k looked at a new one and its £52 with a 15k discount so looks like all struggling.

Gerry

Jim Bell

Free Member
Aug 10, 2011
Darlington
Funster No
MH
low roof coachbuild
Exp
United Kingdom
Jim Bell

I've been drooling for a couple of weeks over the Elddis Aspire 240 and 255 models. I've only seen them online and would like to chat to someone who has one. Is there anybody there?
bought an Aspire 240 approx sixteen weeks ago its not what the brochure says poor finish quality, numerous faults worst of all it has spent the last two weeks (Second time) in the suppliers with an electrical fault and I have not been given a return date as yet as they can not find the fault.
On the plus side the van is good to live in but you do need the chassis upgrade as the payload is very poor.

japat

Free Member
Nov 22, 2011
suffolk
Funster No
MH
elddis aspire 240
Exp
2 yrs
bought an Aspire 240 approx sixteen weeks ago its not what the brochure says poor finish quality, numerous faults worst of all it has spent the last two weeks (Second time) in the suppliers with an electrical fault and I have not been given a return date as yet as they can not find the fault.
On the plus side the van is good to live in but you do need the chassis upgrade as the payload is very poor.

Hi Jim

I too have an aspire 240 with an electrical fault. The 12v keeps shutting down even though there is power in the battery. Did you get your problem sorted? Was yours a similar problem? Seem to be getting nowhere fast with this

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back