Has anyone got a 2.0 Peugeot registered after April this year (1 Viewer)

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
Hi,

We have a new Moho on order with the Peugeot Boxer base vehicle with the 2.0 adblue, I think Euro 6.

Trying to get my head around how much the annual road fund licence will be from second year onwards.

Gov website mentions vehicles over £40k pay a higher rate, I am sure I have read somewhere this does not affect motorhomes but having done a quick search on fun I cannot find anything.

Does anyone know?

GSD

Free Member
Dec 31, 2016
North Scotland
Funster No
MH
Fifer Touring "M" 2017 E6
Exp
10 years +
If it is a mainstream conversion and not a vehicle converted by the original vehicle manufacturer e.g.some VW campervans then it is likely to be the "normal" amount which is around £235 . There is currently a thread about this on the MMM out and about forum. It is complicated but ultimately comes down to whether the emissions are shown on the V5.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
The final stage converter should provide a Certificate of Conformity for the conversion without any CO2 figure stated. When this is submitted to DVLA for initial registration they will allocate the vehicle to either the PLG or PHGV tax bracket, according to its MAM.

If, as has occasionally happened, the converter does include a CO2 figure on the CoC, DVLA will allocate the vehicle to a relevant tax band in the new regime, which attracts a higher VED rate for the first year and for a further 5 years depending on list price.

DVLA have previously issued guidance to the effect that there should not be a CO2 figure stated on the final stage CoC for motorhomes, but if one is present they won't reject the application, but will register the vehicle on the basis of the information as supplied!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
Thanks @GSD & @Deneb

For the info at least I know now, So basically a bit of a lottery dependant on the converter.

Let’s hope Erwin Hymer Group know they aren’t supposed to put the emissions figure on the certificate.

N.B. We haven’t gone to the dark side, couldn’t afford a new Hymer and not a fan of dinettes and dodgy kitchens without a proper oven but apparently they are responsible for the paperwork on our new Elddis (we will just have to put up with the rising damp and free water features LoL.)

John&Kate

Free Member
Aug 30, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Sept 2015
My parents are waiting on a 2018 Elddis and my dad is preparing himself for the higher rate of tax. I will show him this thread and hopefully show him he has a 50/50 chance of it not being £450 per year as he has researched :xsurprised:

Aug 19, 2015
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elldis Autoquest
Exp
£235 mine was £245 October this year even wife,s car £000 last year £35 this year all changing all the time
don't know where you are now day's

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back