Has anyone bypassed or replaced whale filler in a Bailey van? (1 Viewer)

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
I have a new bailey 740, water filling and emptying are rediculously slow. I can see the queues in Germany now behind me! I need to sort this before my next to holiday and before world war 3 breaks out!

I took me 20 minutes to empty a full water tank and fill the fresh in parallel not one after the other.

I have resorted to having a second drain two fitted on other side, now I can empty both sides for convenience and where allowed to use both, speed.

I now need to alter filler to speed up filling! I know I could do it through trap in floor but that seems ridiculous I just want a hozelock type fitting on side of van either into existing pipework via a y connector or to the tank via a new connection.

Has anyone sorted it?????

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
I have a 2012 740 and have fitted a 'normal ' filler running a 40mm pipe into the fresh water tank without linking it to the snail bore piping. I have looked at the new ones and space seems far more limited.
As far as the grey waste is concerned, I cut a 50mm hole in the bottom of the tank beneath the inspection cap and fitted a pond gate valve. Emptying now takes seconds. Again, I looked on the new vans and the tank appears to be closer to the ground, so this may not be an option.
Vic

OP
OP
celticmini

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Thanks I will investigate both options further!
I assume your gate valve is just a dump valve no pipe just straight out?

Thanks again!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back