Has anyone bought a new panel van for conversion recently ? (1 Viewer)

Aug 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
new
folks as the title suggests I'm buying a new panel van for conversion- probably a ducato/relay/boxer.
Has anyone done this and if so is it a case of just going round the dealers to see what the best deal is? Or is there more too it? I'm not sure if right now is a good time or not.

Someone else on this forum managed to get a new relay including vat for less than 15k ! A bargain !

I did start looking at vans 2-3 years because that's what I do with cars - old but a new van doesn't seem that much more expensive for some reason !
Thanks

Deleted User
I have read on another forum of discounts as high as 45% - 48% on new vans and another benefit is that you can order any options that you need and also get the discount on them. It would be worth comparing discounts and options available on the various models and see what is best for you. There may be a long delivery time for some vans.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I have read on another forum of discounts as high as 45% - 48% on new vans and another benefit is that you can order any options that you need and also get the discount on them. It would be worth comparing discounts and options available on the various models and see what is best for you. There may be a long delivery time for some vans.

Wow they are big discounts, wonder if that will filter through and PVC prices will come down?

Notice on RP motorhomes saying from next year due to merc panel van increases, it will add 12% to the list price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Wow they are big discounts, wonder if that will filter through and PVC prices will come down?

Notice on RP motorhomes saying from next year due to merc panel van increases, it will add 12% to the list price.
I was surprised to read about such high discounts but this seemed to be common and not just a case of one person being lucky. The advantage of being able to choose from an option list items such as swivel seats, no bulkhead, rear camera air con etc makes it a good starting point for conversion.
Don't know if the Covid lockdown will mean a shortage so discounts may not be as high at the moment.

Sep 22, 2013
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Relay self-build
Exp
Trainee MH owner
Yes, we did this and also got the discount applied to the extra options we ordered on our Relay.

Our approach was to find the best on-line deal for a standard van package and then to take this into our local dealer and ask how close they could get to it. Once we established that they could in fact better it, we then fine tuned our choice of model and options before placing the order.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Have a look at any pre-registered vans, the one we bought in 2012 had 200 mile on the clock and had been registered by the dealer.
Be careful though as this particular dealer was not supposed to sell it for 12 months and just hire it out, it took 12 months before he changed the V5 over.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back