Has anyone been to Lourdes? (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
All these posts and nobody’s done it. Someone has to.

I have. England beat Australia by 4 wickets.

:imoutahere:

glastry

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 20, 2012
northern ireland and portugal
Funster No
MH
a class s550
Exp
20+
We've been and would agree with the tat shops, but they in themselves are a reason to go - we are non believers so not upset by it - just astounded there can be so many.

A walk down to the Grotto is also an incredible experience. A huge Basilica above it with enormous avenues leading down to a tiny cave where the vision supposedly appeared to Bernadette Soubirous. The rock has been polished to a shiny granite by the millions of hands that have touched it on the way through and when a couple of drops of water appear from the crack behind the statue of The Virgin Mary the queue is held up by those desperate to catch it.

There is a wall full of push button taps dispensing 'holy' water and an avenue of fire pits to hold the thousands of candles that are lit - some are candle shaped, others in the shape of different body parts that people buy to light in the hope of a miracle cure ......

There is also The Gift Shop of The Immaculate Conception etc etc etc. I could go on and on, but just visit yourself to get the full effect!

yeah- but one time should cure you!
i do like the parking in Fatima, and they let me out again, after just a day.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back