Has anyone actually been stopped by police during lockdown? (1 Viewer)

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
More likely to get breathalysed the morning after a fiesta in Spain...everyone parties and don't drive...then get behind the wheel the next morning having had a skinfull the night before...Bingo.. I've been pulled over at 11am and passed..... didn't party the night before...šŸ„³

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I've made a few 50 to 100 mile journeys (work related) and crossed the England/Scotland border quite a few times. I've not seen a single police car and only seen one Womble on the M74, but the driving has been the most pleasurable and stress free that I've experienced in years !

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Out every other day working and once a month take van out for a 40 mile run. Stopped once but after an explanation just let go.

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Apart from this last week when I had to travel for business (first time since Dec), we only go into town for shopping, on couple of occasions whilst doing so we have dropped stuff off at the daughters front door. Seen a few police cars but never been stopped.

Getting back to my business trip of last Tuesday, I couldn't believe the number of MH's I saw. Maybe they were all getting the MOT done.

May 28, 2020
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Izola S687SP
Exp
We had a police road block in our town in lockdown 1 stopping everyone and asking where they were going, but seen nothing since then.

Nov 30, 2008
Funster No
Got to go for habitation check middle of april 60 miles away.Is this allowed. The van is still under warranty 2 years old

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Got to go for habitation check middle of april 60 miles away.Is this allowed. The van is still under warranty 2 years old
I wouldnā€™t have thought so. Itā€™s not a legal requirement like an mot test is. Even the mot test is only a legal requirement if the van is to be kept/used on the public highway. My motorcycle has run out of mot but itā€™s kept off road and not my only vehicle so itā€™s sorned and staying there until we can play out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I go out every day alone dog walking and currently have to go 5 miles each way by car because someone has closed the road I usually use to get somewhere the dogs can run. I've not been stopped, however on Tuesday I am taking the mh for mot. This is 18miles each way from storage so possible I might be stopped then.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017怋
I go out every day alone dog walking and currently have to go 5 miles each way by car because someone has closed the road I usually use to get somewhere the dogs can run. I've not been stopped, however on Tuesday I am taking the mh for mot. This is 18miles each way from storage so possible I might be stopped then.
Me just being pickyšŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Moho from storage to
MOT and return essential... journey from home to storage to get moho.... Not essential.šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜ŽšŸ˜ŽšŸ˜Ž

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Sorry but as I said I did not think they would willy nilly breathalize you for no reason.. I am intrigued
They can breathalyse when they want I the UK. any excuse is used.
Here mostly early a.m. as jumar stated or 4to 5p.m. to catch those over limit on way back to work.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Not been stopped personally but last week Dorset police were stopping some cars travelling between Yeovil (Somerset) and Sherborne (Dorset). Strangely they were not stopping and checking the passengers on the regular bus that travels the same route. Could have had 10 or so for the price of one :LOL:. Police intelligence = oxymoron?
Thatā€™s interesting, I live a few hundred metres from the traffic lights at the Sherborne end of the dual carriageway and it doesnā€™t cross my mind not to pop to Lidl or Aldi in Yeovil for my groceries. I can get there just as quickly as driving all round the houses to Sainsburys or Waitrose. I suppose Iā€™m doing the wrong thing. I used to walk and do small shops in Sherborne but now that youngest has come home from Uni Iā€™m needing to do big shops as he eats huge amounts. Never seen a Police Car yet.

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
Not with current rules but hopefully that will have changed by Apri. Mine is booked in for 3 weeks from now. Itā€™s been booked since last March. Going to give them a call tomorrow to see if it can be moved or if they can come to me.

Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
Not been stopped in the car, even on a 1.5 hour each way trip up the M6 to move my sister into my house. (Yes, it was essential. Thanks.)

Don't go far in the car, as per regs. Shopping and down to the river a couple of miles away for a walk. Also do my grandparents shopping once a week.

Driven the van a couple of times the four or so miles into town to the mechanic. Past loads of coppers and even past the cop shop itself. Not been stopped. But the only thing that gives my van away as a camper are the solar panels and and vents. If I'm moving along I don't think you'll ever notice then. Looks like a builders van. It hides the luxury and comfort within quite well. ;)

Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
I'm taking our MH the next time I need shopping from town which is 16 miles away & our nearest shopping centre.
It's just to give her a decent run instead of the car, I bet at the very least I get some dirty looks from the odd person.

My Dad did when he was driving his MH to work every day because some drunken twit totaled his car when it was parked outside our house at 2am. (Dad is a Bus driver and you can't do that in the spare room) He used to smile and wave at people giving him dirty looks. šŸ™„

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
400 mile round trip this weekend........Somerset / Lincolnshire / Somerset.

No issues. Passed by Police on M5, M6, M42 and A46. More important fish to fry. :giggle:

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
I would love to be stopped by the police just to prove that they have not gone the same way as the dinosaur, have not seen a police officer for months around here

I know if at least one working your county........and he doesnā€™t have time to stop MHā€™s. ;)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Pulled up at BP Kettering for a short break en route to Suffolk from Redditch this morning. As soon as I got out, three ANPR traffic cars turned up and parked alongside. A bit excessive, I thought.... wondering if they had sneaked the death penalty back in for breaking lockdown. Looked at all three, was tempted to hold out hands for handcuffs and said ā€œgood morningā€. Got a ā€good morningā€ back and they headed inside for coffees..... I must have looked legit for a change

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
My daughter is a Deputy Head of an infantā€™s school in Cardiff. She drives in to work most days still, as her school is open for essential workers children.

Since March of last year she has been stopped, on her way into the city, on five occasions, three times by the same officer who now recognises her car.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I would love to be stopped by the police just to prove that they have not gone the same way as the dinosaur, have not seen a police officer for months around here
Same here. In fact if I did see one I'd feel inclined to stop him.........................(and maybe ask if he was lost).

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
My daughter is a Deputy Head of an infantā€™s school in Cardiff. She drives in to work most days still, as her school is open for essential workers children.

Since March of last year she has been stopped, on her way into the city, on five occasions, three times by the same officer who now recognises her car.
Is the officer looking for a date ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back