Has anybody else made scrambled eggs by using their espresso coffee maker ? (1 Viewer)

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
As usual I was sidetracked on YouTube by the list of other videos available that appear on the righthand side of my screen, and one caught my eye as it was making scrambled eggs by using the hot steam from the steam wand of your espresso coffee maker to cook the scrambled eggs, so tonight's tea was scrambled eggs on toast using the steam wand method, and it quickly and easily makes very good scrambled eggs. (y)
Taste much different, well no, but it was a giggle doing them that way. :giggle:

Last edited:

Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
No, but have cooked steak in a toaster...

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Salmon in the dishwasher.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
As usual I was sidetracked on YouTube by the list of other videos available that appear on the righthand side of my screen, and one caught my eye as it was making scrambled eggs by using the hot steam from the steam wand of your espresso coffee maker to cook the scrambled eggs, so tonight's tea was scrambled eggs on toast using the steam wand method, and it quickly and easily makes very good scrambled eggs. (y)
Taste much different, well no, but it was a giggle doing them that way. :giggle:

What no butter , milk or cream? and not the statutory dash of water , just like an omelette mix to make it rise. And no herbs?

You are all welcome round to my cooking a nice fluffy omelette - what you fancy? Smoked salmon with some sour cream? Or bacon onion and mushrooms? Or how about chopped fresh chives and sun-dried tomatoes with parmesan?

Back to the scrambled egg, which needs slightly more delicate flavouring. Any suggestions?

Geoff

Last edited:
OP
OP
Two on Tour

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
injecting steam into whisked eggs without milk = container shaped omelete .. need to mix milk in to get the right texture

What no butter , milk or cream? and not the statutory dash of water , just like an omelette mix to make it rise. And no herbs?

You are all welcome round to my cooking a nice fluffy omelette - what you fancy? Smoked salmon with some sour cream? Or bacon onion and mushrooms? Or how about chopped fresh chives and sun-dried tomatoes with parmesan?

Back to the scrambled egg, which needs slightly more delicate flavouring. Any suggestions?

Geoff

I did our with the same ingredient as we usually use for our scrambled eggs.

The video was just added as an example of the process of using the steam wand for those that are not familiar with what one is and I did not expect others to think was to be done to the letter of the video . :doh:

P.S. your dash of water comes via that contained in the steam, plus I stirred ours with a fork during the steaming so we got scrambled eggs and not an omelette, easy really if you think about it. (y)

Hymerbrittany

Free Member
Aug 23, 2020
France
Funster No
MH
A class b694
Exp
When I worked in hotels in Blackpool in the 1970s scrambled eggs were always made by injecting steam into a jug of eggs!
When I worked in hotels in the 70s, I can certainly say that injecting steam onto jugs was not on my menu, if you get my ???? 😜😜😜😷😘

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Fact of the day:

Baked beans aren't baked, they are steamed inside the tin on an enormous spiral steaming machine. 😋

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
I once re warmed my pizza by placing it on the engine of my V8 range rover classic, I travelled about 70 odd miles to our next camp and by the time i got there it was ready. ( By the way i left it in the box while it travelled )
I also tried to cook beef burgers on the exhaust manifold of the same engine but they broke up and the fat run down the exhaust. For weeks after when it got warm you thought you were driving a burger van !
(Below is the old girl in question)
tong dec 07 024.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
I well remember wiring a kipper to my mates exhaust on his lorry kept him wondering for days he only found it come the weekend when we used to adjust our brakes and do a grease up on the prop shaft. Yes he got his own back by putting the remains or his Sunday tea shrimp heads and tails and a few whelks under my mattress. We agreed on a truce after that😂😂

OP
OP
Two on Tour

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We put "Bombay Duck" in the heater ducts of a mates V Dub Beetle at the start of the cold weather one winter.
Wayne was very bright academically, but was somewhat lacking in common sense and had zero mechanical knowledge, so when we told him the smell was a common problem with V Dub Beetles, he went through the winter with no heating in his car and bought himself a German army surplus fur lined tank suit to travel in.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back