Has any one found a data deal for Europe that works. (1 Viewer)

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
After much research,, we bought a TP link MiFi and a Sky sim card.

- Sky let you bank any unused data (you have 3 years to use it)
- There's no cap on data usage in Europe
- If you're watching Sky TV no data is used
- You can easily alter your plan online and there's often deals to help build your data
- Customer service is good

We were so happy with it, we switched our mobiles to Sky sim only as well. Now we can transfer data wherever its needed.
Just done some wandering around my Sky account and found that their "Mix" tariff will be ideal for EU use as the data is available in UK and EU unrestricted. Currently on 8GB for £10 but found that 20GB for £12 was available, no brainer so I changed. I've also got a second sim for the MiFi which I can load with unused data in the piggybank. You can also go up to 60GB per month for £30 on the Mix tariff. I reckon that I'll have banked more than enough data for use in Spain next January. If not then I'll change the Mix for a month to ensure I have enough and change back when we get back to UK. A useful 30 minutes!

Jul 15, 2015
Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
Majestic 125 3
Exp
3 months
We are at the end of our current contract with vodaphone.
we are sim only as this works better for us In the long term as the company pays for both the hardware and the running contract costs.
We had 3 devices 1 data only unlimited iPad plus 2 phones on 100gb limit, before brexit we could use 25gb on the data sim and 200gb from the phones.
This for us was a great system allowing us to stream in the uk with no hassle and gave us enough to stream whilst travelling europe.
Its all change now isn’t it with limits of 12gb on uk devices whilst in Europe.
Are all the networks the same ?
we could in theory get a Spanish pay as you go for the iPad but will this then lead to problems viewing the British fire stick.
Advice required please.
(I’m not sure I’m going to like the information but still need to sort something out)
I bought a €20 irish pay as you go sim , unlimited data, so as long as we have a 4g signal, netflix all the way. By the way, had a 5g signal twice in Ireland.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I agree the 3 signal in the UK is pants, non-existent at home. But roaming in the EU works fine connecting to all networks
Yes mine always works perfectly all over europe with great signal strength yet many places in the UK you get nothing at all.

May 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
Laika 709 A Class
Hi, where did you get it from? I can't sign up on the Free website (I'm in the UK but have a French address).
This is the Free France website…. https://mobile.free.fr/
at top of page is a French map icon which shows their shops across France. (Apparently not a significant number of them) Howeverw we went into one in Vannes and bought the 150 gb 30 days no contract sim and have used it for past three weeks and it’s been great. Costs 19.99 € for the payg and another 10 € for the sim but has been really effective.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back