Hartal roof light spares (1 Viewer)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
image.jpeg
On my 2001 Hymer B584 I have a roof light, I think it's a Hartal make and I need a new arm for it. Pulled the bed down yesterday and found a piece of plastic broke of it, from one of the tilt arms. Does anybody know if and where I can get spares, in France if possible or England (when I get back).
In the photo below you can see the one on the right is in the wrong position
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I rather doubt you will find that part as a spare.. also, at that age, due to UV degradation the rest of the window frame and window will probably have gone brittle, as I did covered with the big Hymer rooflight I recently had to replace..

replacing the complete window is probably the best way forward.. a new Hartal window is £58.90

Mine is the same age and I've been thinking of replacing with a Seitz Mini Heki, a bit more expensive . http://www.jacksonsleisure.com/cara...-heki-plus-caravan-motorhome-roof-light-vent/

Before deciding, you could call and ask about a spare Leisureshop Direct

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Try o,Leary motor homes @hull
A real alladins cave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I rather doubt you will find that part as a spare.. also, at that age, due to UV degradation the rest of the window frame and window will probably have gone brittle, as I did covered with the big Hymer rooflight I recently had to replace..

replacing the complete window is probably the best way forward.. a new Hartal window is £58.90

Mine is the same age and I've been thinking of replacing with a Seitz Mini Heki, a bit more expensive . http://www.jacksonsleisure.com/cara...-heki-plus-caravan-motorhome-roof-light-vent/

Before deciding, you could call and ask about a spare Leisureshop Direct
Good point about it all needing replacement, I did think about mini heki but your restricted with only opening in one direction and also would let to much light in.
I will get a new one when I get back to the uk, I've also got to re-seal my main large roof light as you did
Cheers

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Good point about it all needing replacement, I did think about mini heki but your restricted with only opening in one direction and also would let to much light in.
I will get a new one when I get back to the uk, I've also got to re-seal my main large roof light as you did
Cheers

Yes it does only open in one direction, but opens much further which would be useful for us as it's above our fixed rear bed which needs more ventilation when abroad.. .. also like the idea of it being clear, I could lie and watch the stars .. :cool:

Bear in mind, you can still draw the blackout blind if it were too light

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks for that, but I think I will wait till I get back to uk and replace the whole thing as scotjimland says the other parts could break.
Thanks for the offer of help.
Nick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back