Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Never done this one before but some traders at the NEC told me that its turning into a really nice show, also we've been hearing that quite a few Funsters are going along; so me and Siân have decided to attend with the Funster Hospitality Tent. So if you are going, pop in and see us for a complimentary, coffee and bicky (or maybe something stronger - nudge nudge, wink wink) (y)

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Don't think there is camping on site but we just stay in the car park in HARROGATE five min frome the show ground we had a good visit last year
bill

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Only been once a couple of years ago......stayed less than 2 hours and 1/2hr of that was having lunch.

Sooner gouge out my eyes than go again....nothing more than a carboot pitch for mtorhomes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If it was a couple of years ago and it was this show, then that was the inaugural year and when it clashed with Newark and if I remember it was -10 as we were out in it at Newark. Just had a look at there are over 20 dealers exhibiting so far from a boot sale. So if you are from oop north and in the market for a motorhome it has to be worth a visit :) You might even meet Pappajohn there with a labrador and white stick. ;)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
If it was a couple of years ago and it was this show, then that was the inaugural year and when it clashed with Newark and if I remember it was -10 as we were out in it at Newark. Just had a look at there are over 20 dealers exhibiting so far from a boot sale. So if you are from oop north and in the market for a motorhome it has to be worth a visit :) You might even meet Pappajohn there with a labrador and white stick.
we went last year and fund it very enjoyable not to big and had a very good day a lot better than sum I have been to
bill

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
that was the inaugural year and when it clashed with Newark and if I remember it was -10 as we were out in it at Newark
Correct, correct and correct.

The 'show' was as far away from the venue entrance as it was possible to get.
if you went by public transport you had a very cold and windy walk to the show.
The indoor stands were all in one building....maybe 12 stands.... and the outdoor display was on a hillside.
most of the vans were locked and no staff to be seen....probably indoors supping hot drinks....and many that werent locked hadnt been cleaned for the show, last minute decision by the traders to appear maybe, but some were disgustingly dirty.

Even with my seeing eye dog you wont find me there.

signworks

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2013
wrose bradford
Funster No
MH
swift bolero
Exp
since 2009
Theres a campsite on the site of show not sure of the name not a bad show for day out free tickets if you subscribe mm magazine

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Only been once a couple of years ago......stayed less than 2 hours and 1/2hr of that was having lunch.
Same with us last year John. As I commented Broken Link Removed.
I hope it's better this year for the sake of the traders who pay out a lot of money for stands.

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Jim we will be there.it is growing and deserves support. If you need beds give us a shout.Happy to put you up if you are still without m/h.
Cheers
Bernie & Rona.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Its only the third year of this show, as mentioned previously it clashed with Newark, had a foot of snow and was -10 the first year, which ruined both shows. Last year was better but some traders didnt attend due to the previous years poor show. It was good last year, not the biggest but there was a good turnout. This year looks even better.

There are sites nearby so don't be put off by the camping on site being full! You could make it part of a nice weekend visiting Harrogate, Otley, Ilkley or even Leeds. Theres plenty to see within a 30 minute drive.

Terry49

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Lymm
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
Plan on going on Friday and wondered if anyone new a campsite close by? The Showground Site is fully booked. Thanks Terry

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Ashley and I are going on Friday looking forward to meeting Jim and Sian for the first time

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Can you park in the car park overnight ??, don't want to be settled in, wine open, and then asked to move on !!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We were planning on going for the weekend, sounds like that's a none starter then?

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
We were planning on going for the weekend, sounds like that's a none starter then?

You could always stay at a nearby site. There's a site in Knaresborough (CC) and there's plenty of CL/CS's in the vicinity. Harrogate is nice and further up the road is Ripon which is worth a visit.
I'm planning on going on Friday as it's not too far away.
We're not expecting a Newark or a Lincoln size show, but who knows, if people support it and visit then it may end up the size of the others in a few years time.
plus, I'm sure that there was a free pair of tickets voucher in a recent MMM.

Reactions: TVS
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Never done this one before but some traders at the NEC told me that its turning into a really nice show, also we've been hearing that quite a few Funsters are going along; so me and Siân have decided to attend with the Funster Hospitality Tent. So if you are going, pop in and see us for a complimentary, coffee and bicky (or maybe something stronger - nudge nudge, wink wink) (y)

Will call by and say hello Jim & Sian - it will be nice to meet you!

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Having been to all the shows at Harrogate, I can't recall one that had only 12 stands in the halls. My recollection is of about a dozen stands in the hall we were in, plus another 20-odd in the longer hall on the other side of the food court.

Even in the snowy year it was a busy show, and is growing annually, so we'll definitely be there. We popped into Harrogate last year too. Never been there before - what a great town!

Will definitely make time to pop over to the Funster Hospitality Tent, too!

Steve :)

Reactions: TVS
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Yes it is a nice little show, dont be put off by the fact that you cant stay overnight there are loads of places you can stop or wildcamp nearby.

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Hopefully we'll be there on the Saturday :)

Clayton9

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Ponteland Northumberland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
12years
Hi guys.

We visited this show for the first time last year and really enjoyed it. Not the bigest but defo worth a visit. There will be 5 vans with my part booked on to a cl. See you all there. Good show in my opinion

X

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
We went last year was rely looking forward to this year but wont be a bill to make it have a grate time and have a beer for me
bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back