Harrogate Motorhome Show This Weekend (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
We were there today

My wife and I went over today.

We got there about 2pm and didn't manage to see everything before it closed so I'm off back tomorrow as there was lots I still wanted to check out.

Castaway

Free Member
Mar 2, 2008
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
40 years
We got there late morning, all the hard standing car parking was full so we directed through the entrance gate so we could park on the road there (we were in the motorhome). I thought this was very good of the organisers who obviously appreciate the problems that may arise had we had to park on the grass. Didn't buy anything exciting (apart from some very nice fish and chips!) but thought the show itself was pretty good and a lot better than I had anticipated!

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Just going to have a nice breakfast then set off, probibly get there around midday (BST)

did you remember to put the clocks back?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We went yesterday.

It was good to speak to a few exhibitors and see that they had done OK on Friday. Hope that continued through Saturday and today.

Overall it was a little disappointing, more like Stratford than the Warners shows we are used to (though more exhibitors than Stratford I think). It was about 9:45 when we got through the turnstile and 11:15 when we left.

It was unusual seeing the accessory sellers in the halls rather than outside. One trader who we've known for a few years said there wasn't the same "buzz" as a normal Warners event and I had to agree. That was strange because the same halls laid out for antique fairs and other exhibitions we've attended there have had a different atmosphere. Thinking about it, the lighting was, perhaps, more subdued so not as bright to lift the spirits.

Hope others enjoyed it more and, as said, that it was worthwhile for the exhibitors. Having experience of being a trader at fairs/exhibitions (albeit in a different business) I always feel for people who have laid out substantial sums in advance.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
We went yesterday did not know there was camping seems to be growing every year apparently.
Got my shelf some cheep solar panels growing to try linking them al together making a frame for them.
Se watt happens nothing venture nothing gained if it works the hole roof will be covered LOL ::bigsmile:

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
The general consensus seems to be that it was good show, I wish we had gone now, I thought it would be tiny with not much there and could walk round in 15 mins.

Seems like its one for next year to bookmark.

Paul.

dac5

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
york
Funster No
MH
peugeot boxer
Exp
march 2014
We are going on Friday, we will be visiting the Timberland stand. We ordered our van at the NEC last year for delivery for the new registration on March 1st. As they are unable to afford to buy it from Burstner, they asked if we would pay ' up front for it' , we said no, especially with their financial history. We are still waiting for them to be able to afford to buy it from Germany, this has messed up our plans for this spring. Shouldn't buying a new vehicle be a pleasant experiance...????, they have a deposit so I am unable to tell them what I think....

The chap who sold us our used motorhome (Tony setting up on his own).Was working the show for Timberland.

We had a few problems with the van that we were told EVERYTHING WORKS!! eg, water pump wire off I fixed wire then water pipe to surge pump leaking fixed that, Then connected Leisure Battery that wasn't a Leisure Battery that wasn't Earthed.All now fixed.

We went to see him, He did look a little worried :Blush:, But assured us our warranty was in the post!:RollEyes: We will not be holding our breath. we were very polite and explained the few problems.
We left to enjoy our first motorhome show very good it was too.hope you get sorted
Dean

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Yes very poor reports around regarding Timberland, its a shame as the PVC's they do look very nice, shame about the company.

Paul.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Did you get any joy Hotelman?

We had a long and tiring day on Saturday and a list of vans to review. On Sunday we went back and have confirmed which van we want.

We called in a dealer on the way home to look at a van they didn't take to the show. It was a nice van (and the make and model we want) but I am going to be writing to the manager about the salesman "back at base" because of his lack of basic manners. Not only did he take a phone call and chat to someone whilst he was supposed to be attending to us, he also instigated a call. Hardly professional.... and it lost him the sale.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
28-03-2014, 18:40 #31 (permalink)
Hotelman
Funster

Funster No : 28535
About Me: Semi retired hotelier
MH Type: Awaiting delivery
MH Model: Burstner 55
Years Motorhoming: Newbie

An update....

Amazingly we had a phone call from Timberland this morning at 10.00am, to let us know that HOPEFULLY our van should be placed on their ' stocking allowance ' next Monday or Tuesday.

Late this afternoon we went to the show at Harrogate, and we went to see Lee, a director on The Timberland stand.

He tried to reassure us that everything was ok, and next Monday or Tuesday he would have space on his stocking to pay for the van, and hopefully, they will get delivery within a week, they may even send a low loader to collect another as well. We shall see what happens, with a promise of delivery before Easter.

He was very unhappy at my postings on this forum, he felt it was very unfair. I explained that every thing I posted was accurate. He was still not amused.

Why did we get a phone call this morning ??, was it because they were going to anyway?, was it because I contacted Burstner, and they replied copying the reply to Lee and the company accountant ?, or was it as a result of this forum?, I honestly don't know.

I am hoping that they are able to keep their promises, if they do I will gladly post an update, which I hope I do.
If not I will also be posting.

Fingers crossed.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We went yesterday did not know there was camping seems to be growing every year apparently.
Got my shelf some cheep solar panels growing to try linking them al together making a frame for them.
Se watt happens nothing venture nothing gained if it works the hole roof will be covered LOL ::bigsmile:

I think the camping was confined to the ex-caravan Club site (now privately owned) rather than normal Warners show camping. Hope the panels work out OK.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I went to the Britstops, and pinched a sweet, thank you

looked at some electric bikes, there were load there

bought one of them satnav holders that fit iinto the front of a cd player, seems to work ok

I thought the show was a bit poor, but a nice day out

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I went to the Britstops, and pinched a sweet, thank you

looked at some electric bikes, there were load there

bought one of them satnav holders that fit iinto the front of a cd player, seems to work ok

I thought the show was a bit poor, but a nice day out
jay got a sweet thar as well then I had order to get another one when passing
we had a good day and a nice weekend :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back