Harness.......which one..... (1 Viewer)

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
It's time to think about new harness for the girls.
Do you have any recommendations for harness that can be used both for walking and traveling in the car/MH.
The one they currently have are OK, but have never been the perfect fit around the front, safe, but could be better.
We want them to be comfortable & safe.
20180923_171615.jpg
20180923_172607.jpg

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
I have Clix safe harnesses for mine when in the car. In the motorhome they all go in the travel tube.

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Our Charlie somehow manages to get his front legs out.

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Thank you all...…
We have had a traumatic time of it with Georgie, I took them for a walk as always and she started fitting, I managed to get her onto the footwell on my mobility scooter and she was fitting again and again...…..I phoned Robert and he came over in the car, he put her in the car and we swapped, so he took my scooter home and I took Georgie too the vet, they knew she was coming...……..
They put her under anaesthetic...…..she was later taken from Ayr to Kilmarnock in a practice vehicle with a vet in attendance....10 minutes ago the vet phoned to say that she was taken off the anaesthetic 45 minutes ago and was not really with it or responding, but she was swallowing, so she is now off oxygen, but still being monitored.
It's a case now of will she fit again, will she have brain damage...…..we just don't know and it's hell.
We would sell our souls to have her home and well.

I hope I can report a positive outcome soon.
20180910_131925.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
I’m so sorry to read about Georgie. I really hope that she makes a full recovery and is back home soon.
Sending positive and healing vibes x

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I'm sorry to hear about Georgie, a really scary thing to happen. Hoping everything turns out well.

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Hope Georgie has turned a corner for you.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Best wishes to George.

Back to the thread, we use the Julius K9 harnesses both in the mh and for walking and they seem to find them comfortable.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Scary times. It is awful when our dogs are not well. Wishing Georgie a speedy recovery.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
When we got Charlie from Dogs Trust we bought one of their harnesses (along with other stuff) as a wee bit of support for the great work they do.
https://www.dogstrustgifts.com/acatalog/Dogs-Trust-Car-Safety-Harness-WP_64206.html
He's a Sprollie around same size as your collies.
Had it for around seven years and still going strong! If you're up in Glasgow you could pop into their place and have a look see.
Fingers crossed for Georgie. Hoping for a positive outcome.

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
We have a Julius K9 for Rossi.

It's streets better than previous harnesses we've had. Easy to clip on/off and comfy, so he likes wearing it for long periods. Works well with his tether as well:
MVIMG_20180714_201057.jpg

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Oh what a shame, so sorry. RIP Georgie.

Your story of sending for the car reminded me of the incident just last week when Charlie dog collapsed whilst out, his back leg just wouldn’t work. He lives with us as he can no longer manage the steps and stairs in our daughter’s house. I sent for my husband with the car and we went round to daughter as I knew she would want to see him. She rescued him in India in 2004 and he then, as a puppy, could not walk and she picked him up from side of road and took him to clinic to euthanise him. She couldn’t do it and gradually she got him able to walk but named him Charlie after Charlie Chaplin because of his funny side to side gait. Anyway, last week, carried him into her house and she massaged him and gave him acupuncture as his back in spasm and lots of pain killers and we carried him back to ours leaving her in tears. He’s still just about managing but very wobbly but that moment of having him down in the middle of the road and thinking it would have to be the end will stay with me for a long time.

Yesterday I was about to respond to your OP saying that Charlie also has the Ruff harness mentioned earlier and has been wearing it since his return to uk in 2005 and it’s still going strong! .......but a bit smelly

Thank you for giving Georgie a wonderful life.

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Oh what a shame, so sorry. RIP Georgie.

Your story of sending for the car reminded me of the incident just last week when Charlie dog collapsed whilst out, his back leg just wouldn’t work. He lives with us as he can no longer manage the steps and stairs in our daughter’s house. I sent for my husband with the car and we went round to daughter as I knew she would want to see him. She rescued him in India in 2004 and he then, as a puppy, could not walk and she picked him up from side of road and took him to clinic to euthanise him. She couldn’t do it and gradually she got him able to walk but named him Charlie after Charlie Chaplin because of his funny side to side gait. Anyway, last week, carried him into her house and she massaged him and gave him acupuncture as his back in spasm and lots of pain killers and we carried him back to ours leaving her in tears. He’s still just about managing but very wobbly but that moment of having him down in the middle of the road and thinking it would have to be the end will stay with me for a long time.

Yesterday I was about to respond to your OP saying that Charlie also has the Ruff harness mentioned earlier and has been wearing it since his return to uk in 2005 and it’s still going strong! .......but a bit smelly

Thank you for giving Georgie a wonderful life.
I am so sorry Annie, with all that's has been going on with poor Georgie, I missed your reply.
It sounds like your wee Charlie has been a very lucky boy being rescued by your family, he sounds like one very brave little dog.
Thank you and everybody for the advise, it is much appreciated and I will use it to choose a new harness for Gabby. xxx

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
Thank you all...…
We have had a traumatic time of it with Georgie, I took them for a walk as always and she started fitting, I managed to get her onto the footwell on my mobility scooter and she was fitting again and again...…..I phoned Robert and he came over in the car, he put her in the car and we swapped, so he took my scooter home and I took Georgie too the vet, they knew she was coming...……..
They put her under anaesthetic...…..she was later taken from Ayr to Kilmarnock in a practice vehicle with a vet in attendance....10 minutes ago the vet phoned to say that she was taken off the anaesthetic 45 minutes ago and was not really with it or responding, but she was swallowing, so she is now off oxygen, but still being monitored.
It's a case now of will she fit again, will she have brain damage...…..we just don't know and it's hell.
We would sell our souls to have her home and well.

I hope I can report a positive outcome soon.View attachment 259855
We've had our collie for 11 years , think she was two when we got her from RSPCA. House mortgage free , but would re mortgage for our pup , BIG part of the family .
Hope Georgie is ok .
John

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
We've had our collie for 11 years , think she was two when we got her from RSPCA. House mortgage free , but would re mortgage for our pup , BIG part of the family .
Hope Georgie is ok .
John
Didn't read post all the way through so extremely sorry for answer above .Really feel for the two of you.
Thinking of you ,
John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back