Harness.......which one.....

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Mrsambulancekidd, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +11,197
    So sorry. RIP Georgie.

2. Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie Funster

Ratings:
    +5,494
    Oh what a shame, so sorry. RIP Georgie.

Your story of sending for the car reminded me of the incident just last week when Charlie dog collapsed whilst out, his back leg just wouldn’t work. He lives with us as he can no longer manage the steps and stairs in our daughter’s house. I sent for my husband with the car and we went round to daughter as I knew she would want to see him. She rescued him in India in 2004 and he then, as a puppy, could not walk and she picked him up from side of road and took him to clinic to euthanise him. She couldn’t do it and gradually she got him able to walk but named him Charlie after Charlie Chaplin because of his funny side to side gait. Anyway, last week, carried him into her house and she massaged him and gave him acupuncture as his back in spasm and lots of pain killers and we carried him back to ours leaving her in tears. He’s still just about managing but very wobbly but that moment of having him down in the middle of the road and thinking it would have to be the end will stay with me for a long time.

Yesterday I was about to respond to your OP saying that Charlie also has the Ruff harness mentioned earlier and has been wearing it since his return to uk in 2005 and it’s still going strong! .......but a bit smelly

Thank you for giving Georgie a wonderful life.

3. Mrsambulancekidd

Mrsambulancekidd Funster

Ratings:
    +4,941
    I am so sorry Annie, with all that's has been going on with poor Georgie, I missed your reply.
    It sounds like your wee Charlie has been a very lucky boy being rescued by your family, he sounds like one very brave little dog.
    Thank you and everybody for the advise, it is much appreciated and I will use it to choose a new harness for Gabby. xxx

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. kelpie

kelpie Funster

Ratings:
    +837
    We've had our collie for 11 years , think she was two when we got her from RSPCA. House mortgage free , but would re mortgage for our pup , BIG part of the family .
    Hope Georgie is ok .
    John

5. kelpie

kelpie Funster

Ratings:
    +837
    Didn't read post all the way through so extremely sorry for answer above .Really feel for the two of you.
    Thinking of you ,
    John

• Thanks Thanks x 1